Banana!!!!

Options
i LOVE banana's but i just get confused wen weighin them :S when you entre the weight of the banana on your food diary do u include the weight of the skin? :S

Replies

• ukq727
    ukq727 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    No since you are not going to eat the skin (are you)? Just weigh the banana itself there should be a option for raw.
  • cast59
    cast59 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    The one I pick just ask the size of the banana. That is much easier. Maybe try that.
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    def go by size...6in and under is small banana. Weight seems like too much hassle! Def don't include the skin as we don't eat the skin.
  • seadog1
    seadog1 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I pick the middlesize bananas at the store and just that on myfitnesspal,, medium I think.
  • Bridgetc140
    Bridgetc140 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I don't know. I think weight is the way to go as the size ranges can be a big difference. For instance, on here a medium navel orange is listed as 140g. I measured mine which are big but not huge and it was 280g....twice the calories that MFP had. If I can measure, I do....that's what I bought my scale for.
  • nlhawthorne
    Options
    I read somewhere that for the average banana 1/8 of the total weight is skin. I therefore weigh the whole banana and then only log 7/8 of its weight, i.e. if the whole banana with skin is 160g, I log 140g. Not sure how accurate that is but it sounded about right :-/