Plateau... Already?

Options
I've been a MFP since mid-January, though I didn't really start taking it seriously until the begining of February. I have been exercising regularly and eating reasonably well since then and I lost 13 pounds in the first 5 weeks or so.

My scale has been stuck for two weeks now and I cannot figure it out. Coincidentally, I also started the 30 Day Shred the day the scale stuck. I couldn't have built that much muscle in that little time though, could I? That seems like wishful thinking.

Since I have a significant amount of weight yet to lose, I don't imagine eating "cleaner" would make that much difference in losing pounds (weight and muscle - just pounds) and I also feel like it's early to plateau.

Also, I am very rarely under my calories - I typically only stay under if I figure MFP overestimates my calorie burn. And I drink plenty of water, I don't log it but I drink it.

Seriously, what is going on? Any insight?

Replies

• chill0315
    chill0315 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I only eat clean. I lost 70lbs just changing what I eat to Clean Living Lifestyle. You retain less water, etc. Just a thought.
  • danielleeeee
    Options
    I only eat clean. I lost 70lbs just changing what I eat to Clean Living Lifestyle. You retain less water, etc. Just a thought.

Good for you.

However, I can't see how not eating clean would be my current problem. People lose a lot of weight all the time by just watching calories, not paying any attention to nutirional value whatsoever. And I don't think my diet is all that terrible. There is certainly room for improvement, and improving myself is what I'm working on. It is going to be a gradual process for me but I'm not going to beat myself up because I have the occasional processed food.
  • kevanos
    kevanos Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    taking your measurements will reveal body cahnges that are not reflected on your scale.
  • misty75
    misty75 Posts: 7
    Options
    I too have stagnated for about 2 weeks or so. However my husband and I have noticed definite changes in my body that I guess aren't reflected on the scale. So, I'm happy either way, as long as there is progress one way or another.