Looking for....

Options
Hey all!

I am looking for any type of seasonings/receipe that I can use with Pollock fillets.

I had some made for me a few weeks ago but it was too dry and just doused with seasonings that just didn't mesh with me that well.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    did you bake it? If it was dry, it was probably baked too long. It should be baked or broiled just until it is opaque and flaky. There are tons of seasoning blends out there, but you can put a little salt and pepper with paprika and dill. Cant go wrong with that (IMO)
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Agreed, dry likely means it was overcooked. You could try cooking it in a foil or parchment packet (look online, there are tons of recipes) to steam it and keep it moist.
  • ShannonStocker
    Options
    Not familiar with Pollock, but we LOVE salmon marinade from vital choice. Put a salmon filet in lemon juice and macadamia nut oil (we make a container from aluminum foil to contain the lemon juice and oil in close quarters with the salmon) and cover it with a healthy dose of salmon marinade, green and red peppers and onions. Cook on 350 for about 7-8 minutes, then take it out and top with pine nuts. With pine nuts, broil for 1-2 minutes until the pine nuts are browned (watch closely so they don't burn)... and voila! BTW - we also only eat samlon filets from Vital Choice because they are wild caught Alaskan salmon - both good for the environment and as low in mercury as you can get them. They are expensive, but I hated fish before eating these!! The oil is optional, of course, but it does provide some healthy fats and good flavor.
  • Dutchgirly
    Dutchgirly Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I buy them frozen, put them in a foil puch with lemon pepper and in like 30 minutes they're done and delish!
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I cooked some sole with shake and bake on it yesterday . not sure if pollack is a similar fish,I wrapped it in foil and baked it in the oven and it was awesome. Shake and bake is a little high in sodium but 1/6 of the package which is about what you would use for one piece of fish is only 45 calories.
  • HShenkle74
    Options
    Well I didn't prepare or cook it but I did like it enough that I would try it again (and affordable in the frozen section..lol).

I think I will try to throw some spices together and cook it wrapped in foil.

Thanks for the ideas. ;-)