I hate my body!

Options
The size 22 jeans I bought/wore when I was 8-9 months pregnant are now, obviously huge on me. But my 18s still dont quite fit, they are too small. I didnt think I had any size 20s until I went through my closet today (which I havent even opened the door to the closet in months! the way our closet was built things go in, and never come out! its hard to get in there and see anything!) and found about 5-8 BRAND NEW pairs of jeans. (probably what I bought right before i found out I was pregnant with my youngest) but wouldnt you know it they are all 18s. And one size 20 that my grandma bought me years ago when I was pregnant with my oldest but they were too big.

So now I have close to 20 pairs of size 18 jeans. and one size 20. the 20s are capris! My fav! I hate long jeans and im not quite comfy in shorts yet. So I throw them on thinking "FINALLY! I will have at least ONE pair of pants that fit me well!!"

FAIL! They go up to my belly button(which i hate) and when I sit down they cut into me, and because the waist goes up to high, when im sitting it looks like its cutting my belly in half or something. So you see two big rolls. one being a muffin top.

I was going through my shirts. They are all either too short (esp. for these pants) or too baggy. nothing freaking fits me right!
the shirts i have range from mediums to XLs. you would think that SOMETHING would fit right.

i HATE that every company sizes clothes so differently!

I hate that i have let myself get so fat! its depressing! nearly 5 years ago (before i got preg. with my oldest) EVERYTHING fit perfectly! today I cant find a damn article of clothing that will cover my fat to save my life!

Replies

• CatchThatKitten
    Options
    I hear you one hundred percent! And of course, if you're wearing big girl clothes, you either have to pay the premium for cute ones or wear boring old lady clothes. Or clothes with giant pastel appliqued flowers.
  • MissKim
    MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you fit! i dread getting dressed everyday b/c I don't want to be wearing size 16's and b/c it depresses me that size 16's are so freakin tight on me! esp when I have a closet full of 12's I could wear before I got pregnant :( However, no need in stressing about anything. This is what I tell myself, all you can do is fix it. If you are unhappy about something that is in your control, then that's the greatest! b/c you have the capability to change things! Use it as motivation to push you forward! We deserve to be able to look cute in clothes! clothes that fit right! Good Luck!
  • MelleyJ
    MelleyJ Posts: 198
    Options
    Well, look at it this way... you have lost 14 pounds, and you are STILL LOSING! You don't want these clothes to fit you anyway, and if they do, not for long. Before you know it you will be fitting nicely in those 18's, and even then it won't be long before you have to trade down to a size 16.
    Don't be so hard on yourself. This is why you are changing your body, once and for all. I know that I have anything from a size 10-14. My 14's are definitely too big, but I wear them anyway because I am not going to go buy even more clothes that I am sure to shrink out of! I will wear them until I can fit into a 10, and then trade down from there. It's okay that your clothes don't fit, as your body is ever changing right now. It will only be a few more weeks before the 20's will be falling off of you and you will have a ton of clothes to wear for a short time!
    Use this to motivate you to do better... work even harder at your workouts so that you can quickly trade the 20's for the 18's! You can do it! Don't be so hard on yourself. You are doing a fantastic job!!!
  • eatingmysandshoe
    Options
    i HATE that every company sizes clothes so differently!

I hear this! I tried on 3 pairs of jeans today by the same manufacturer - The size 18 (UK) fit perfectly, the 16s were slightly too loose, and the 20s wouldn't do up at all! I wish there was some standard that they adhered to - would make my ebay purchases much more successful ;-)
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Get over it! Accept, Value, Love and Respect Yourself Just Where You Are, Right NOW! Heck, when I was 375 Lbs. I could find clothes to fit Me...I was a "great dresser" even at that weight. My gosh, you CAN find nice clothes at 240 lbs. as well as under-garments to "smooth things out." You are just looking for clothes where you WERE or Want to be>>>Be honest and look Where YOU ARE! Live NOW, look Good NOW, Not when you drop 30 lbs.

I STILL don't get how someone can hate themselves...I'm not into self-hate but I'm also not into denial. I can be hard on Myself, but until I'm 6 feet under, I will still give Myself a chance. As a parent, I also know how I feel about Myself translates with My kids; Kids can tell when you are faking. Live Well for YOU and Your Kids!
  • Belle_Fille
    Belle_Fille Posts: 469
    Options
    Get over it! Accept, Value, Love and Respect Yourself Just Where You Are, Right NOW! Heck, when I was 375 Lbs. I could find clothes to fit Me...I was a "great dresser" even at that weight. My gosh, you CAN find nice clothes at 240 lbs. as well as under-garments to "smooth things out." You are just looking for clothes where you WERE or Want to be>>>Be honest and look Where YOU ARE! Live NOW, look Good NOW, Not when you drop 30 lbs.

I STILL don't get how someone can hate themselves...I'm not into self-hate but I'm also not into denial. I can be hard on Myself, but until I'm 6 feet under, I will still give Myself a chance. As a parent, I also know how I feel about Myself translates with My kids; Kids can tell when you are faking. Live Well for YOU and Your Kids!
    well la de da good for you! i dont have the money to go out and buy a **** ton of new clothes only to shrink out of them! let me be ****ing frustrated if i damn well please! it IS frustrating that a 22 is too big yet the next size down is too small. i am not in denial. im fat. i get it. doesnt mean i have to love it.
  • Belle_Fille
    Belle_Fille Posts: 469
    Options
    Well, look at it this way... you have lost 14 pounds, and you are STILL LOSING! You don't want these clothes to fit you anyway, and if they do, not for long. Before you know it you will be fitting nicely in those 18's, and even then it won't be long before you have to trade down to a size 16.
    Don't be so hard on yourself. This is why you are changing your body, once and for all. I know that I have anything from a size 10-14. My 14's are definitely too big, but I wear them anyway because I am not going to go buy even more clothes that I am sure to shrink out of! I will wear them until I can fit into a 10, and then trade down from there. It's okay that your clothes don't fit, as your body is ever changing right now. It will only be a few more weeks before the 20's will be falling off of you and you will have a ton of clothes to wear for a short time!
    Use this to motivate you to do better... work even harder at your workouts so that you can quickly trade the 20's for the 18's! You can do it! Don't be so hard on yourself. You are doing a fantastic job!!!
    i know that in the long run i dont want these to fit me anyways. but its upsetting that i cant find anything that i can look decent in right now. if i know i dont have to leave the house i stay in my comfy clothes. but any time i go out in public i feel like i either look like a bum, because everything is too baggy (because i wanted to be able to sit down and move comfortably) or i feel like I look like i busting out of the seems- because i didnt want to look like a bum!
  • RachelJE
    RachelJE Posts: 172
    Options
    I feel your pain!!! Last week I gave away all my size 28s and 30s. Have a BOATLOAD of prepregnancy clothes, and NONE of them fit quite yet. I wore a pair of pants to a friend's house on Friday. They fit standing, but as soon as I got in the car I knew I was in trouble!!! I felt like a stuffed sausage all night!! I have worked SO hard and have lost 70 pounds. Back to pre-pregnancy weight, and the weight I was when I got married. I was SOOOOO excited to try on my wedding dress the other night, and it didn't even come CLOSE to fitting, even though I am the same weight I was when we got married!! My body has just changed since I had kids. I never had a huge belly before, and now I know the meaning of the word "spare tire"!! Hang in there. Keep doing what you are doing, and you'll be in those 18s in no time! Then I'll be wanting to borrow them b/c they will be too big for you!!!!! (Hugs) :flowerforyou:
  • Tzavush
    Tzavush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I can empathize absolutely. There are days when I search through everything I own and pray that one something will fit.
    I have been wearing pregnancy clothing for the last 8 months since my sons birth because they stretch without being "stretchy" clothes (if that makes sense).
    I hate the way I feel about myself when I can't fit into anything.
    (Hence the reason I am here)
    We all have these days, weeks, months, ... (and with five kids buying what I like and what would look really nice is not an option, money is not so free, I haven't bought new clothes for myself in a really long time, and then only because I was given a gift card.)
    Keep at it, the best thing you can do for yourself is accept that you aren't always going to feel great and there will be challenges, and know that there are others out here who can feel the same way.

:flowerforyou:
  • michelegbowman
    Options
    I completely understand EVERYONE's post. Big women clothes are there but they are expensive. I completely understand the comment about shirts being too short and seeing lots of pastel clothes with GREAT big flowers on them.

I can find pants that fit -- if you need to feel good in one pair of reasonably priced pants right now, try Ashley Stewart.

However, I cannot find bras that fit. YOu talk about pants cutting into your tummy -- ugh! I can't stand the underwire poking me in the ribs or straps digging into my shoulders.

I want a bra that fits :)
  • lcdblue1026
    lcdblue1026 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I can seriously empathize. It's tough when you are working so hard and making improvements and still feel like you don't look good because clothes won't fit right. I'm definitely in your situation with not being able to spend a lot of $ on new clothes. I did a cpl of things on the skirts that I really liked a friend was able to take them in for me. I also hit the thrift store and was able to find two dress slacks for work for a $1. Other than that, girl just hang in there and don't get discouraged!!!!
  • danamfinn
    danamfinn Posts: 77
    Options
    One day you will look back and realize how far you've come and you will be able to give ALL of your clothes away to someone in need of them! Think of it as a positive! Just keep telling yourself you will NEVER wear anything bigger than an 18 ever again!
  • cowlover22
    cowlover22 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately it seems like no matter what size you are there is always this problem..I cant find clothes to fit me at all. I do best with boys pants but I am a 40 year old woman...who wants to wear what 10 year old are wearing..then I am lucky if they are long enough so I wear all my pants low. so have to have shirts long enough...I feel for you. And no 2 clothing company sizes the same..heck even the same company sizes different. Sad to say but I cant even find scrub pants in my size..they dont make them..WTF? Hang in there..hopefully you will find something that fits you good..and when you do buy it in every color!
    Dont beat yourself up for letting yourself get there b/c that kind of thinking is not going to get you any where. Look at how good you are doing and donate your old clothes you cant wear any more. There are a lot of people who who appreciate that. No matter what our size we all could say..how could I have let this happen, but it is what am I going to do to fix this that is important. I am only allowed to work 4 hour shifts because my weight is to low..never ever did I think this would happen. I love my job and I cant do it because I burn to many cals and also puts my health at risks. So one of the things I am doing is trying to gain. My dietican told me about the calorie counter. and well I am here So stay strong you can do it!:happy:
  • s_ballchic_2
    Options
    Girl I know How you Feel!!! I hate that almost every single company does their clothes different. Sometimes i wonder if it is to make girls feel uncomfortable when they have to change to a "bigger" size or something. But hey be patient and work hard and that weight will come off, dont give up!