Trying to loose 12 pounds by 4/17

Options
This wil be hard but working out everyday and eating low cal should do the trick. The hardest part will be not to cheat on the weekends when I am hanging out with my hubby who loves to take me out to eat pizza, wine and wings.. LOL

Replies

• chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    welcome! don't cry off if you don't get there by your date - that's over 3 pounds a week! if you are losing a *lot* of weight - like 75 to 100 pounds, that might be realistic, but it looks like you're pretty close to goal. 1 to 2 pounds might be more realistic, but either way, if you are eating well and exercising, the health benefits are going to outweigh the weightloss benefits (no pun intended)! best of luck to you!
  • Blondie1984
    Blondie1984 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Good Luck I feel Ya!
  • sandram82
    sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Just becareful not to eat to low cal.. 1200 a day plus whatever you burn in exercise!
    Best of luck!
  • JettD3
    JettD3 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!! I relate my wife has an incredible metabolism and She flaunts it!!! Hard not to eat when she is ordering pizza from my favorite spot every friday! lol

You can do it, but it will take determination, relentlessness, and prayer!
  • DEE4560
    DEE4560 Posts: 139
    Options
    That might be tough to do in about 3 weeks. You don't seem like you hve much weight to lose and I know I can average only 1 lb or less a week. I started Jan 1 and lost 12 lbs to date. Not sure if dropping your calories too low would be healthy for you but good luck.
  • crazymama2two
    Options
    i hope youre kidding.
  • DeBlue
    DeBlue Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are working toward a special event. Beware trying to lose so fast - this is a very big number for such a short period of time. Maybe be content at a 1-2# per week rate with lots of toning exercises to cinch in that waistline. You will look great and the weight loss will be more likely to stick. Don't lose sight of your goal weight even after the big date! Good luck!
  • kalebsmama07
    Options
    you can do it....=) ill join you in this challenge....good luck chicky
  • snowflakelaia
    Options
    It will be quite tough, but you can get pretty close to it. ^_^

I am not very hungry lately due to the change in the weather, but when I need to lose about 3-4 pounds I can lose them in a week if I eat 1200 kcal before 3pm. That means that I don't eat anything afterwards, and work out a bit at 3.30pm. Some times I've drunk some protein shake (a scoop of muscle milk light) and 20 oz of water with vitamin C+minerals, I recover the minerals I lost sweating.
    If you eat more protein than carbs you'll be able to lose the weight, for me it works great, and I feel more energized, but I know that not everyone is that way.
    My goal is to lose about 6 pounds (that I put on this winter) in 5 weeks. They are stress related, so exercising and meditation are helping me reach my goal faster.

Good luck!
  • FitFrenchGirl
    Options
    same here i wanna lose 10 pounds by 4/15 to be at my half goal! i made my calories go down too 1000. and i havent been losing so i made it go back up to 1200 :) and i started to lose good luck!!!!
  • dorcry
    dorcry Posts: 10
    Options
    I love the comment "I hope your kidding".. Thank you for the support. I will read it everyday to stay focused. I had started working out 30 days ago 5 days a week kickboxing. My weight actually went up 7 pounds. My trainer says its water weight because of the swelling in my muscles. Well as of Monday the weight is coming off.. So the first 7 should be the water and the next 5 should be the fat.. LOL. I have already dropped 3 so 9 more to go..WOOHOOO!
  • crazymama2two
    Options
    I love the comment "I hope your kidding".. Thank you for the support. I will read it everyday to stay focused. I had started working out 30 days ago 5 days a week kickboxing. My weight actually went up 7 pounds. My trainer says its water weight because of the swelling in my muscles. Well as of Monday the weight is coming off.. So the first 7 should be the water and the next 5 should be the fat.. LOL. I have already dropped 3 so 9 more to go..WOOHOOO!

and it read i hope YOURE kidding...good luck. i hope your body still likes you after youre so mean to it. and if you do lose it, good for you. hope you can keep up the pace.
  • tlnester
    tlnester Posts: 34
    Options
    I had the same thing happen to me. I started training hard core with HIIT 6 days a week and gained 7lb. I freaked out. My friend who is also a trainer told me the same thing, it is the muscle holding onto water. Well, I don't care what it is, I want it gone! My clothes fit well and I don't feel different, but the scale is scaring me right now, LOL! Best of luck to you, you have my support!
  • dorcry
    dorcry Posts: 10
    Options
    crazy mama you make me laugh!! You are crazyyyyy.. Today I am seriously struggling.... Man!!!