Yoga Challenge

Options
I tend to put off yoga more than other exercise, I think because it doesn't give the same results as cardio, etc. I always mean to get around to it, but hardly ever do!

I love how it makes me feel though, both physcially and emotionally.

So I'm challanging myself to do at least 10 minutes of yoga everyday(and of course longer if I can). Even if I spend the 10 minutes doing only a few poses and breathing techniques.

Anyone else wanna do it with me?

Replies

• Livi_Loves_Pink
    Options
    I tend to put off yoga more than other exercise, I think because it doesn't give the same results as cardio, etc. I always mean to get around to it, but hardly ever do!

I love how it makes me feel though, both physcially and emotionally.

So I'm challanging myself to do at least 10 minutes of yoga everyday(and of course longer if I can). Even if I spend the 10 minutes doing only a few poses and breathing techniques.

Anyone else wanna do it with me?
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I do the yoga exercises on my Wii Fit but only get around to doing 15 minutes every saturday and maybe 1 week day if I'm lucky. I definately would like to master that darn Tree Pose! I think I'm doing Yoga wrong though because I don't feel as relaxed as everyone talks about.
  • Livi_Loves_Pink
    Options
    Well, I think it depends on what kind of asanas you're doing.

I've had some very engergizing yoga sessions. :smile:
  • neha_duvvuri
    neha_duvvuri Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I am gonna follow yogatoday.com from tomorrow onwards. I have messed up a lot. Need to get going. It takes lil time for you to ease while doing yoga. I had been doing it for over an year. Its good. Stick to it.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    I do the yoga exercises on my Wii Fit but only get around to doing 15 minutes every saturday and maybe 1 week day if I'm lucky. I definately would like to master that darn Tree Pose! I think I'm doing Yoga wrong though because I don't feel as relaxed as everyone talks about.

I think 15 minutes won't give you the feeling of relaxation. Most classes are at least an hour to 90 minutes long. I would say, try a class.

If you want to master tree, try balancing (discretely) on one foot while waiting in line - then work on opening the hips - pigeon or the like.

Cheers!
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Also, if you're just a beginner, yoga is HARD! Your muscles really have to work. I took yoga classes at the Y a year or two ago, and I was sweaty and breathing hard very quickly. Then, I had a friend point out to the instructor that there was a beginner in the class, so he began showing the lower level moves. From what I understood, each move, even tree, has 3 different ways to do it, and you just work at your level. I have not kept up with yoga since then, because I started working on the day that the class was offered, and I can't make it to the evening class that they offer as well.
    -Robin