Hello to all

Options
I'm a 65 year old man trying to lose at least 90 lbs. Quit smoking in 1990 and have been gaining weight ever since. In 2005 I lost 50 lbs. In 2006 I gained 20 of that back. In 2007 another 10 lbls put on. Maintained that in 2008. In 2009 lost 20 lbs. In 2010 gained 25 lbs. So i'm not doing the best job in solving this problem. So with that said, this is a first for me. I'm an introvert and posting to a blog is new to me. I'm hoping it will help me stay the course on this goal. Wish me luck and no matter what I will post my results. Thanks for "listening" Mike

Replies

• Ruthyjenks
    Options
    Good luck! You're in good company here :smile:
  • DivaDLB
    DivaDLB Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Welcome ... support, encouragement and inspiration abound on this site. And you are sure to find someone that has been in your situation or similar. Your online persona doesn't have to be the same as your offline persona. Be free to share, you will be surprised at the amount of support you get when you are honest about what you need.

Welcome. Be encouraged.
  • DeenaSteelerGirl
    Options
    Hi Mike .. I am new to this site as well. Welcome and good luck : )
  • tatadavid
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm 81 years old. I haven't had the major ups and downs that you have, but I had gotten up to about 200. I'm just under 6 ft tall.
    My son went on MFP, and when I saw the way you can keep track of calories, exercise, etc., I wanted to lose that bulge around the middle.
    I started sometime last year, I'm not even sure when, but I've managed to keep almost all of my daily consumption under my quota for the day, I also exercise at least 5 days a week, and usually have burned at least 2 1/2 times the recommended number of calories.
    I'm now holding at right around 175, and I feel better about myself—and, I keep exercising and watching my intake.
    Tatadavid
  • az1cowgirl
    Options
    Hello and welcome. I think you'll like it here. It definitely helps to keep you on track and accountable. Join in the conversations, make friends, and before you know it you'll be looking and feeling better!

Linda