Migraines

Options
So I awoke this morning with one of the worst migraines I have had in over a year. I have noticed that since changing my diet and exercise, my everyday headaches are more powerful and more frequent. This morning, this one put me in the bed untill well after noon. I am well hydrated so I don't think that is the issue. Does anyone else suffer migraines and if so, have they been worse since changing your eating habits and exercising?

Replies

• dancingnancies
    dancingnancies Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    i get migraines so i feel your pain (literally). i noticed when i started exercising on a regular basis, i was getting A LOT of headaches, but they have slowly subsided.

that is just my experience, but if they continue i would see your doc.

goodluck fellow headach-er. :ohwell:
  • jsmjboertlein
    Options
    Yes I get bad migraines and they got significantly worse after changing my eating habbits. Very severe. After a few months of the new eating habbits they have gone back to normal frequency.
  • Val_from_OH
    Val_from_OH Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I get migraines too, but did not notice a change specifically tied to changing my eating. I definitely get them more frequently if I am getting too much salt, or not enough protein. Good luck!
  • CallMeMamaBoo
    Options
    One of my biggest changes in my journey was getting rid of soda. I had headaches/migraines for 2 weeks. Now, I can't even finish a soda! I don't crave or desire it but ugh those headaches were so bad I thought I was going to die. I don't know much about your personal situation but I do know that migraines suck! and I hope you find a solution soon.
  • MOMvsFOOD
    MOMvsFOOD Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Despite being a heavy water drinker, I got them BAD for a very long time. Crippling to the point that I would end up in bed for days if I didnt stop thenm quick enough. At first, I was continuing to get them as I started my diet. Then I made a strong deliberate effort to eat RIGHT.

Making sure I had a good amount of protein for both breakfast AND morning snack. As well as a healthy carb at breakfast.
    Making sure to eat a healthy, balanced lunch.
    A healthy, balanced afternoon snack.
    A healthy, but conservative diet of a lean protein, and tons of veggies for dinner.

I cut coffee (slowly), refined processed sugar, and drink tons of green tea and have been migraine free for a couple months now.
  • stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    I used to frequently suffer migraines. I can safely say I've not had a migraine in the year since i started this journey. But for a while I did suffer from headaches more often but even they have subsided now.
  • KrystiR
    KrystiR Posts: 16
    Options
    I had the WORST migraines constantly when I was trying the "no carb" thing. It was miserable. Now I am trying to keep the carbs (good ones whole grain), in moderation. Im fine now. :)
  • SassyStef
    SassyStef Posts: 413
    Options
    I get them too!! Wow there is a lot plp here that do!
    Someone told me Coconut water works wonders and me personally the chiropractor is my new best friend! I noticed that mine were really bad in the beginning and when I worked on my shoulders I got one every time for like the first month. Also when i started running and ran more than 2 miles.
    I think your body has some adjusting to do and toxins that are in your body are being flushed out. Your muscles could be all tense and stuff too.
    I hope yours die down over time I know that is not a great way to spend you day!!
  • seasonalvoodoo
    seasonalvoodoo Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I used to get headaches nearly every day and migraines at least twice a month, if not more. Since I started eating better, my headaches have nearly disappeared and I have had very few migraines.

The only thing I can suggest is migraine medicine, if you do not already take any. I have Relpax for when I need it and that is THE best medicine that I have tried. May not work for you, but I tried other migraine meds (such as Zomig) and they did nothing, but this works wonders!
  • Peanut1026
    Options
    I had migrains quite frequently when I was a heavy coffee drinker, if I didn't drink coffee for even a day I would get bad migrains. I cut it out of my diet completely, suffered a migrain for about 2 days without taking any pain reliever, since then no migrains. It is because of the lack of caffein my body was used to, I guess you could say I was a caffein junkie. Only headaches I get now are minor and mainly caused by stress of thekiddies..lol!!!!