Road Block

Options
I started dieting 15 days ago and have lost 8 pounds since I started. I was seeing a weight loss of .5 LBS every three days until the last five. I have remained 205LBS even though I have continued to eat the proper amount of calories per day. I also run 3 miles a day 3 days a week. Is there anything I can do doing to regain my weight loss schedule? What can slow down my weight loss if I am maintianing the proper amount of calories a day?

Replies

• cbrixey2
    cbrixey2 Posts: 4
    Options
    You've hit a plateau. Try shaking things up by switching to some different activities for a day or two. Good luck! Been there.
  • Johnabyrne
    Options
    I also found switching up what you eat helps alot as well. Plateaus can be frustrating, but getting your body used to the new weight you are at isn't a bad thing. It's your bodies way of normalizing.
  • ryanknap
    ryanknap Posts: 10
    Options
    If i continue my routine will my body begin to lose weight again?
  • gburkhart2
    gburkhart2 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    There are lots of things you can do.

1. Do strength training as well. Muscle aides in metabolism.
    2. Eat more. We can't see your diary, but I'd be willing to bet you're shooting too low on net calories.
    3. Have patience. .5 pounds a day is completely unsustainable after a certain point.
    4. Don't get frustrated.

Keep your head up & good luck!
  • ryanknap
    Options
    I am normally about 130-145 calories under my daily goal. I tell my self that covers any errors in my reporting.
  • gburkhart2
    Options
    I am normally about 130-145 calories under my daily goal. I tell my self that covers any errors in my reporting.

What is your daily goal?
    How tall are you?
  • ryanknap
    Options
    6 foot daily goal is 1460 calories
  • gburkhart2
    Options
    6 foot daily goal is 1460 calories

Therein lies your problem, Sir. You should be consuming at least 2000 calories a day at your height and age, especially on days where you are exercising. Your body is shutting down. I know it sounds crazy, but up your calorie intake and you will start losing again. You won't lose .5 pounds a day, but 1 to 2 lbs a week wouldn't necessarily be out of the question.
  • ryanknap
    Options
    hmmm thats the net calorie limit the website gave me...thanks.
  • gburkhart2
    Options
    hmmm thats the net calorie limit the website gave me...thanks.

I'm 6' 1", told them I lead a "sedentary" lifestyle (desk job) and exercising 5 days at 45 minutes, they gave me 1840. If I change it to "lightly active," they give me over 2000.

You chose "guided" in the Goals section and they gave you that little? We're fairly similar in weight & height - I'm older. I'm trying to figure out what the difference is. Odd. Hmmm, indeed.
  • ryanknap
    Options
    Yea i did not add my workouts for the week when I set my goals origanlly but I just added them and there is no change. I thank you for your help. I think i am going to finished this week at 1460 calories a day and if there is no change in my weight I will add another 250 calories per day.
  • gburkhart2
    Options
    I'm no nutritionist and I'm certainly no expert, but from everything I've read, I can't imagine a situation where an adult male would be recommended to eat that few of calories. Whew.

The biggest things really were my numbers 3 & 4 from my original post - have patience and don't get frustrated. You've only been at it for a couple of weeks. Give it some time. The closer you get to your goal, the slower & more frustrating it's going to get as well.

Once again, good luck!