Looking for smoothie recipes

Options
ClarkMer
ClarkMer Posts: 206 Member
Does anybody have any good smoothie recipes?

Replies

• TamDTam
    TamDTam Posts: 115
    Options
    every smoothie I make has an apple and almond milk in it.... even "green" smoothies...

my son's fave has 2 apples, a few raspberries, a banana, and almond milk
  • wysmom2000
    wysmom2000 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    My go to smoothie is:

1/2 c. Dannon Light & Fit, Vanilla
    1 c. organic fat free milk
    1/2c-1c. of frozen fruit (then you don't have to add ice)

My fav is blueberry-banana but I also like strawberry-peach. I usually have one in the evening to curb my ice cream cravings.
  • xlacijeanx
    xlacijeanx Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Here's a link I came across for healthier smoothies! Some are more of a treat than a daily meal, but some great ideas!

http://www.health.com/health/gallery/0,,20356969,00.html?xid=yshin-hlh-bananas3 These sound amazing! Thought maybe some others might like to try these out!
  • sdhorne
    sdhorne Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    1 cup Lite Silk Vanilla Soy Milk
    6 strawberries
    1 bananna
  • ChRiStA_1983
    ChRiStA_1983 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    This morning I made a creamy orange smoothie, with: 1/2 cup fat free vanilla yogurt, 1/2 cup of Orange Juice, and 1 cup of ice cubes....Only 110 calories! Although, you COULD add peeled orange slices, which would add calories, and you would have even more flavour, and wouldn't need as much ice.

It was DELICIOUS, though! Last night I made the same, but added a banana to it. I found that the banana overpowered the orange flavour, but it was still pretty tasty!
  • meemo88
    meemo88 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    1 low fat or fat free yoplait yogurt - any flavor
    1 cup mixed berries
    1 banana
    5-6 ice cubes

blend away. Makes about 2 1/2 servings.
  • pilotgirl2007
    pilotgirl2007 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I usually just buy bags of frozen mixxed berries and throw them in a blender with water and a little sugar to cut the tartness or a banana if I have one
  • bigdaddycowgill
    bigdaddycowgill Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    1 cup nonfat milk
    1 scoop chocolate Costco Muscle Milk Protein powder
    7 or 8 ice cubes
    optional: 2 TBSP peanut butter, if you have the cals & fat to spare
    optional: 1 banana

Blend together

Without optional stuff: Approx 230 cals, 2 Fat, 16 Carbs, 36 Protein
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    what ever recipe you use peel and cut a banana into small chunks and freeze...it gives such a creamy texture
  • redxmasqueen
    Options
    My favorites are from the Abs Diet.

PB&J Smoothie

3/4 cup non-fat vanilla yogurt
    3/4 cup 1% milk
    1 banana
    2 tsp vanilla whey protein powder
    2 tsp reduced fat peanut butter
    2/3 cup frozen unsweetened strawberries
    4 ice cubes

Makes 2-8oz servings

This morning I made this with PB2 instead of peanut butter with great success.
  • sarahisapanda
    Options
    I like freezing bananas and berries(strawberries, blueberries, raspberries). Combine One half banana, 1cup berries(all strawberry or combo of all three), 8oz orange juice, 1/2 cup greek yogurt (+optional, 1tea flax-seed) sometimes I add a little water if the smoothie is too thick.

Try this link- http://www.womenshealthmag.com/nutrition/easy-smoothie-recipes-0

Also, the April issue of food network magazine came with a tear out booklet of 50 smoothie recipes. I would try checking their website too.
  • p_nutprincess
    p_nutprincess Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    1 scoop vanilla protein powder
    1 kiwi
    1 1/2 cups raw spinach
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    i tsp of agave nectar or other natural sweetener (optional)
    1/4 c. skim miilk or almond milk
    1/4 c. greek plain yogurt
    4 ice cubes

This sounds really gross, but it's great as a preworkout snack and helps whenever you feel bloated! You can also add pineapple or berries if it's not sweet enough :-)
  • AKFatBoy
    AKFatBoy Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Got this from the Vita-Mix guy...don't think it would work well in a regular blender, but it rocks in the VM! You kinda need to be a margarita fan, it's got some pucker to it. He did say you could add tequila for a nice "healthy" rita, but I've sworn off alcohol at least until I hit my goal weight:

Spinach-Lime smoothie

4 oz Welch's 100% White grape juice concentrate
    2-4 C raw spinach leaves (I like the baby spinach)
    1 Lime, whole (Yep, even the peel)

Cut ends off lime to leave about a 1.5 - 2" chunk, quarter, toss in blender with other ingredients. Start blender on low, increase to high and blend until smooth, about 45 seconds. Add:

3-4" piece of skinned banana
    3 (+/-) C ice

Use tamper to press ingredients into blades and blend until smooth and frozen, about another 45 seconds. Enjoy!

On a side note, we've had the VM for several years now, and about the only time it got used was for frozen drink nite. Since getting serious about my weight issues, it's been a great tool to have for healthy cooking. Just my 2 cents.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I have a smoothie every morning. The following recipes is for 2-20oz smoothies. It keeps me full until about 11am then I have a small morning snack (string cheese/hard boiled egg/apple, etc) before lunch.

6oz greek yogurt (Chobani/Fage is what I use)
    4cups Dole Mixed Frozen Mixed Fruit
    1cup fruit juice (I usually use an organic apple juice)
    1 Large Banana

Per Serving:
    357calories
    80 carbs
    13 protein
    58 sodium
    4 fiber
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I am totally hooked on the Yoplait Yogurt Fruit Smoothies.

Triple Berry. They are 110 cals per 8 oz.

They are soooooooooo delicious and easy to make. Just put the packaged contents in a blender add 1 cup Skim milk and blend.
  • EquestrianLark135
    EquestrianLark135 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I am totally hooked on the Yoplait Yogurt Fruit Smoothies.

Triple Berry. They are 110 cals per 8 oz.

They are soooooooooo delicious and easy to make. Just put the packaged contents in a blender add 1 cup Skim milk and blend.
    I'll have to try that! Sounds easy. :smile: hehe
  • chiliflea
    chiliflea Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I think I might have to steal the vita-mix back from my mothers! :tongue: :tongue:
  • joybell32
    joybell32 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    bump cause i love smoothies!
  • MissMouse85
    MissMouse85 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My FAVORITE breakfast smoothie:

1 cup Simply Orange Mango juice
    1 scoop vanilla Slim-Fast or your preferred protein powder (110-130 calories/scoop)
    1 banana
    1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt

Blend 30-45 seconds until smooth & enjoy! It's about 365 calories, so this is definitely a meal shake. You could freeze the banana if you want a thicker smoothie (but honestly, it's already pretty thick), and feel free to use other fruits-- I bet strawberries would be delicious!