Jogging Strollers????????????

Options
Last summer I ran at the track several days a week. I borrowed a friends jogging stroller that had a fixed wheel. It was awful and I ended up using my tank of a graco stroller instead because it was easier to handle. I have been checking on the new jogging strollers and I think I have found one. Baby Trend - Expedition Jogger Stroller, Phantom is $98.00 at Wal-Mart. I do not have a huge budget for a new stroller but I wanted some input on what others have and what works well. Let me know!:wink:

Replies

• Dutchgirly
    Dutchgirly Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    my sister got lucky and found a double seater nordic track brand at a thrift store for like $20. try craigslist or other moms whose toddlers are getting too big for strollers, before you shell out the big bucks. those can get really expensive.
  • miriamtorason
    miriamtorason Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    We actually went with a bike trailer. It's a jogging stroller, a wagon, and a bike trailer in one, really. They should all have an extendible arm that will allow them to be used as a stroller. It's not easily portable, but it is really maneuverable and very easy to push along.
  • rskidmore
    rskidmore Posts: 212
    Options
    It's not a jogging stroller, but check this out!

http://www.tagabikes.com/default.asp?lang=eng

It's a bike stroller!
  • bentobee
    bentobee Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I would recommend checking reviews for the model you are looking at on Amazon before you buy!
    And if you have any children's consignment shops, that could be a good place to check. You might be able to score a higher-end jogger for the price of a new low-end one. Also Craigslist and local ebay listings.

I have a pricey jogging stroller - the BOB Revolution - and it glides like a dream. You definitely need a front swivel wheel! The fixed wheels are only good for going in straight line. :wink: