Bikini question?

Options
alright wanted to know if this is even possible or just a pipe dream. I want to wear and look good in a bikini maybe not this year but next summer for sure. Does anyone have pics before and after of them in a bikini. I went from 262 to 157 right know I have about 30lbs more to lose but I have never even as a kid wore a bikini and was thinking of this as a goal item but not sure if it is possible. I do lift weights and cardio every week I am also a primal eater(no grains, low carb) but just wanted to know if anyone has done it, I am also 5'4"

Replies

• bettyboop573
    bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I dont have any bikini pics but just wanted to say WOW on your before and after photos....good for you :)
  • karleen
    karleen Posts: 260
    Options
    this is my one day ultimate goal also. i had a c section and do have a little pouch of skin that just aint going anywhere but after im happy with the rest of my body i'm def going to get it fixed. i dont care if people are against plastic surgery but if i work hard for years to get to the best me and theres one little area i need help in i'm all for it!!
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    I dont have any bikini pics but just wanted to say WOW on your before and after photos....good for you :)

I agree WOW, you've done an excellent job. Way to go!!
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I have a pic at home I can send you of me at about 165 in a bikini --- BUT it's only a waist up shot. I'm also 5'4" - but carry all of my weight in my lower body and boobs with an incredibly small waist (and incredibly big thighs and boobs) --- so if it's not your body type - it probably won't help at all. I wear bikini's to draw attention up and away from my thighs and calves - if you have a body shape where you carry more through the middle - I guarantee you that my pics will be no help (my waist is about a 24 inch waist at 165).
  • Beachbean77
    Beachbean77 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I think you look GREAT and could easily pull off a bikini this summer!!
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    i think it is deff possible! are you having trouble with the extra skin? my mom lost almost 100lbs & is 4'11", went from just over 200 to about 120 & she is in a VS bathing suit this year & because of the extra skin she bought a "medium-full" coverage bottom so it goes to the bottom of her belly button. though she isn't tiny, she looks amazing & would've been in a tankini or full piece just 2 years ago WITH a cover on :o) so YES you can do this! :oD
  • monica208
    monica208 Posts: 229
    Options
    this is my one day ultimate goal also. i had a c section and do have a little pouch of skin that just aint going anywhere but after im happy with the rest of my body i'm def going to get it fixed. i dont care if people are against plastic surgery but if i work hard for years to get to the best me and theres one little area i need help in i'm all for it!!

I'm with you on the c-section pouch... i had 2 of them and my stomach is awful... i will look into a tummy tuck if its still the same once my weight loss is complete
  • tmaksparkie
    tmaksparkie Posts: 279
    Options

I have had 2 c sections so yes I know what you mean.
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I wish I could say my stomach problems came from my 3 c-sections but I my OB is a great surgeon :love:

My problem is my loose skin on my lower pouch from gaining 50-60lbs each pregnancy.

Oh well, I wear a bikini anyway. Its not terrible and the smaller my stomach gets the better it looks, I figure I'm a Mom of 3 kids, only surgery would make me look like I didn't have kids! I'm all for tummy tucks though, I'd do it if mine was bad or held me back.

Sorry no pics of me which I totally regret not doing when I was at my thinnest, but for as amazing as you look now I would just go for it, where a bikini and be proud!
  • SuzanneRogers
    SuzanneRogers Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    It is possible, check out my profile for before and after twins bikini pictures. It can be done. I'm only 5'1.
  • ClarkMer
    ClarkMer Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I have 2 kids that I delivered naturally, unfortunately I also have a pooch that will not go away. I'm hoping that it will look a little better once I lose some weight and tighten up the muscules under the skin, but I have pretty much just admitted that I will never have a flat stomach and I have accepted that. If you are comfortable in a bikini, I say go for it :)
  • DeenaSteelerGirl
    Options
    Congrats to you on your weight loss. You look great : )
  • TORNATO1
    TORNATO1 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Regardless of how good of shape I get into, I don't think I will ever wear a bikini lol.
  • Bell7
    Bell7 Posts: 6
    Options
    I recently started thinking the same thing for myself. Maybe I can wear a bikini this summer. Oddly enough I weigh exactly the same as you & have lost 88 lbs. I'm 2 lbs away from my initial weight goal, thinking of losing another 10-15 lbs. I'm just not sure all my skin is going to go back the way it used to look. :(
  • Bell7
    Bell7 Posts: 6
    Options
    BTW, I'm sure you could wear one this summer, not next. :)
  • khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I think you can do it, just go with what you feel comfortable in. No matter how thin I get (I'm on another downswing after being large for quite a while), I still always have a fat pouch under my belly button and am not happy with my thighs, BUT, had a good upper body and upper abs, so I went and got a bikini top and paired it with some guys board short swim trunks- looked good and I could still feel like I was in a bikini! Hoping to get back to that size for the summer. Good luck!