no more cravings !!!!

Options
vaavamom1
vaavamom1 Posts: 136 Member
ok so 6 weeks back i went for a major overhaul and cut a lot of things out of my life.sweets chocolate sugary drinks essentially all unnecessary things.and in 2 days realized that i do not crave them anymore....... now waiting for all the effort to show on the scale. i have to admit that i see some collar bone YES !!!!

Replies

• khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Great job! I've noticed that, too, but have to go 4 days without sugar before most of my cravings go away. Congrats on your "new" collarbone! ;o)
  • MissTizz
    MissTizz Posts: 39
    Options
    SO awesome. That is what I'm starting tomorrow. Did you cut allllll sugar, like from carrots and bananas?? I'm soo addicted I just need detox and rehab :)
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    I gave up soda last year including diet. I have tried it a couple of times since then and I hate it now. I used to love Cherry Coke but now it tastes like Cherry syrup.

Even tried Diet Cherry Dr. Pepper - used to love that too. Tasted like diluted Cherry Nyquil. Nasty!!

Now if I could only hate cookies, rice krispie treats, ice cream, etc. Then I would be set!
  • karilynn27
    karilynn27 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    i have cut out all soda its been 3 days and I can't believe it but I feel amazing.
    I have a new found energy and I feel better, I am not so bloated from all the sodium and I really used to drink it a lot. If I was thirsty soda is what I reached for.
    I had a headache the first day but I can't believe what a difference it has made in my attitude towards weightloss and my stamina.
    I don't crave it any more at all, but I have been adding flavors to my water (lemon, limes, oranges)
  • hot_yoga_lover
    Options
    Hi, I am new to this site.
    Is the sugar in bananas really so bad? I am under the impression that fruits, vegetables, and whole grains are the way to go. Are there really fruits that maybe aren't so good? I am trying to lose the last 10 lbs. I dropped 50 pounds after college and another 10 with yoga, but would love to get down to 135. SO any tricks like the ones you are talking about would be most appreciated!
  • vaavamom1
    Options
    SO awesome. That is what I'm starting tomorrow. Did you cut allllll sugar, like from carrots and bananas?? I'm soo addicted I just need detox and rehab :)
    no not all sugar i do have vegs and fruits , but none of the processed stuff....
  • vaavamom1
    Options
    Hi, I am new to this site.
    Is the sugar in bananas really so bad? I am under the impression that fruits, vegetables, and whole grains are the way to go. Are there really fruits that maybe aren't so good? I am trying to lose the last 10 lbs. I dropped 50 pounds after college and another 10 with yoga, but would love to get down to 135. SO any tricks like the ones you are talking about would be most appreciated!
    i do have fruits ,but not a lot .... come on we gave up ice cream and chocolate... we can have fruits .... i have a fruit when my family eats ice cream ,do not miss having ice cream or cakes !!!!
  • jess_steich7
    Options
    Hi, I teach health education and I actually just taught this to my students. The sugar in fruits and veggies is called simple carbohydrates, or simple sugars. It is naturally in the fruit and is the kind of sugar that your body will use and not save as fat. The simple sugars that are in processed foods like white breads, cakes, cookies, candy, soda, etc. is the sugar to STAY AWAY FROM. This sugar causes a spike in your blood levels and then you crash (sugar crash) and your body will crave more of it which is why people tend to eat something else that is unhealthy for them. Plus, fruit and vegetables have a TON of beneficial nutrients for your body and keep you feeling full and satisfied :)
  • MissTizz
    MissTizz Posts: 39
    Options
    I def didn't mean to make it sound like fruits are bad! Some have more sugar then others for sure- but I would normally always allow myself fruits! I just have this 'detox' mindset - and i figure if I can go for a week or so with as little sugar as possible that will help me lose the cravings. To me, the nutritional value of fruits out weight sugar!!
  • hot_yoga_lover
    Options
    Awesome, everyone's posts were really helpful. It's good to hear that fruits have the "good" sugars. I don't eat much processed foods (other than Fiber One bars, I'm hooked), so it sounds like I am on the right track. I love bananas too much to let them go, so I'm glad to hear they aren't on the NO list!!!
  • slainger
    slainger Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I "gave up" sugar on Nov 1, 2010 - but I want qualify that by saying I still drink Coke Zero, and I do eat some foods with some sugars in it (like Yoplait has high fructose corn syrup) - what I gave up is processed white sugar, candy, baked goods like cookies, muffins, cake, brownies, etc. I went through cravings for about 2 weeks, and don't really think about it now. I hardly even miss it now! So good job, and keep it up! If I can do it for about 5 months now, anyone can!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!