Hello

Options
I have been a member for a few months now and have lost 17pounds!!!!

I know that i weigh myself way too much and get discouraged when i havent lost any weight.....how often should you weigh so that you are seeing accurate results...
Also this is kinda a personal question but around "that time of the month" whenshould you weigh so you know you arent seeing the water weight....????
Thanks for the help
Lachele

Replies

• Lachele3
    Options
    I have been a member for a few months now and have lost 17pounds!!!!

I know that i weigh myself way too much and get discouraged when i havent lost any weight.....how often should you weigh so that you are seeing accurate results...
    Also this is kinda a personal question but around "that time of the month" whenshould you weigh so you know you arent seeing the water weight....????
    Thanks for the help
    Lachele
  • Robin_
    Robin_ Posts: 105
    Options
    Congrats on your fantastic weight loss!

Now that you are at the 20lb "stall" <usually, but not always does the weight loss slow after about twenty pounds>....a great time to weigh yourself is when you "feel" like you've lost a bit. Rarely will you will be disappointed! The body naturally has flux, depending on several factors, so weighing yourself daily not only causes disappointment, but inaccurate readings as well. As long as you are putting less calories into you body than you are using, you'll continue to lose weight...no need to fret over the scales! Best of continued luck! :drinker:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Hey Lachele--

Congrats on the loss!!

I will weigh weekly-- usually. But, if I'm around that time of the month, which now tends to be about 3 weeks long as far as water weight gain is concerned (:grumble: :grumble: :grumble: ) I won't weigh until I can feel the water and bloating gone, and see it in the mirror. I'm exercising faithfully and am anal about logging my calories, so I know that the bloat I see in the mirror is hormonal, nothing more. Still, I don't want to get on the scale and see the gain--

And ditto the 20 lb stall-- (again, :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: ) It really slows down after that, but again, to echo Robin-- as long as you know you're burning more than you're eating, it'll all come out in the wash eventually--

Have a good night!!!
  • Lachele3
    Options
    Thank you both!!!