Fitness with a PS3???

Options
Hey all... Tim here...

I know Wii and X-Box have workout/fitness games but does anyone know if the PS3 has anything and if so are they any good?

or...

Should I just invest in a Wii also?

Thanks for your opions in advance!

Replies

• bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    If you have kids, get a Wii. Don't know about PS3. Good luck!
  • orierie113
    Options
    Dont know about the PS3 but I've lost 18 lbs using the Wii workout games. Let us know what you find out.
  • hyper_stitch
    hyper_stitch Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    EA Active 2 is great on PS3, there are other too but not sure if you have to have the move accessories :bigsmile:
  • We plan on buying a PS3, looks like there's Zumba, EA games, Active 2, Sports Active 2, Dance, Dance Revolution, and I'm sure the list goes on.

The Wii Fit is great with kids, but I like our XBox Kinect more. No controllers to lose or throw and I got a better workout not having to worry about a board to stand on. Or you can add weights and such.
  • april_denise
    april_denise Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I don't have a PS3 but I just went to playstation.com and searched their games for fitness and there ARE games for it. The most prominent one looked like it's Zumba Fitness. I'm not familiar with Zumba or anything but from the trailer, it looked like it was mainly some intense dancing workouts. :) So if that's what you were looking for, I'd say get it and see if it works, then if not, you can think about the Wii.
  • timmy2strikes
    timmy2strikes Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. I an going to head out this weekend and see what I can find at GameStop. I'll let you all know what I find. Thanks for the help.

Tim