Losing steam!

Options
Ive been here now about 4 months. Iv lost a lot! The last 3 weeks or so Ive just been losing steam! My weightloss is stuck! Ive tried changing what I eat, changing how I exercise and drinking more water. My motivation is down and Im just looking for a few suggestions on how to get back on track. Anyone got anything for me??!!

P.S. you all are awesome!

Replies

• Daisy_May
    Daisy_May Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Some people might not agree but what I find really helps me when I'm stuck is a juice fast, gives your body a bit of a break for a couple days and cleans out your system. I had gained back 4lbs(mostly water I'm sure) and I lost it and 2 more lbs on a 2 day juice fast.
    You just have to make sure it's not processed juice, either make your own or buy the kind that's actual fruit pureed(it's in the fruit aisle at the store).
  • aduong2281
    aduong2281 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Beachbody.com also has a 2 day fast. The chocolate one is delicious.
  • tvman802
    tvman802 Posts: 5
    Options
    31 pounds so far? Thats Awesome! Don't lose hope, keep that image of what you are supposed to look like firmly in your mind and don't lose sight of it. Your body will get there. It may pause for a bit here and there to rest and recuperate from tossing all that fat overboard, but if you stay focused you will achieve your goal.
  • deannar417
    deannar417 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I think you may need to give it a little more time before you change much. I know it sux to stop losing but keep your head up and keep on moving. If it dont change in a few more weeks I would for sure find some new changes. Now what that would be I dont know a clue. Everyone is different. I seem to get discourged and give up. I hope you dont do that. I hope you keep on moving and get past this point. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your advice girls! Im not complaining I feel Ive done very well so far, just feelin a little "blah" about the whole process of getting there!
  • tfranceen
    tfranceen Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Try a marathon exercise session. Devote an entire day to exercise. It will break you down and you will remember why you were doing it in the first place 31 pounds is awesome by the way
  • CatchMom11
    CatchMom11 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Do you have a trainer or one that can talk to? If so, ask for them to lay out a shock system for you. Whenever I've begun to slow down on what I lose, my trainer has completely turned my routine upside down.

If you're interested, I can tell you what my favorite shock treatment is.. Message me if you're interested.
  • fitnessfoodtravel
    fitnessfoodtravel Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hey you,
    We all lose steam at one point or another and not getting the results you want can be frustrating. Good for you for mixing up your exercise and nutrition! Sometimes it can 3-4 weeks for the changes to show once you have reached a plateau.
    Some things that work for me are to: limit sodium intake to 1200 mg's per day, limit processed carbs (anything non veggie after 3 pm), make sure I am eating at 100-120 grams of protein per day, focus on circuit training workouts more, incorporate HIIT (high intensity interval training) into cardio workouts instead of doing steady pace, up my water intake, and make sure I am getting enough sleep.
    Good luck!
  • jltodd99
    jltodd99 Posts: 89
    Options
    Same thing happened to me last month. Stuck at the same weight for over four weeks. I was working out 5-7 days a week and eating within my calorie limits. I know part of it was building muscle and losing fat, but I was getting frustrated with my scale not moving. Have patience and keep doing what you know is right and that scale will start moving again.
    Slow and steady wins the race!
  • LoserCruiser
    Options
    I find sometimes when I stop losing, that if I up my calories for a few days then lower them again that will help kick my body back, don't know why but it does work, lol.
  • LG61820
    LG61820 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I feel you, I went about a month with nothing showing on the scale. I have read of others who got stuck who started zigzagging their calorie intake and had success by doing that. Instead of steady calorie intake they would go over some days and stay under some days.