Eating Clean....

Options
So I am planning on eating as clean as I possibly can atleast for this week-- veggies, fruit, chicken breast, and water only. Question is-- how am I gonna reach my calorie goal of 1,200 eating low cal veggies and fruit all day (chicken will only be for dinner)? Anyone ever eat like this?- and what kinda results did you get?

Replies

• inkdgirl
    inkdgirl Posts: 79
    Options
    i get my calories from beans and some whole grain bread. I try to eat as clean as possible, but there are times when I just dont make it that day. You will see though, that calories do add up. I use steel cut oats for breakfast, nuts all pretty good caloric foods.
  • sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    add beans and canned fish... also, salad with olive oil and vinegar, organic pure peanut butter... there are many options for clean eating.
  • liscar
    liscar Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    avocado
    fish
    beans
    lentils
    SPROUTED bread
    organic peanut butter

For breakfast I have Organic non-fat plain yogurt, with a sprinkling of probiotic organic granola, a scoop of chia seeds and mixed fresh berries.......knocks out almost 400 calories right off the bat :)
  • mfergie889
    Options
    beans, brown rice, chicken, veggies, oatmeal, fruit...dont worry, you will get all your calories!
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I would not suggest any diet this restrictive. You're not getting your nutrients and other good vitamins in there. It's basically a starvation diet and can have serious effects on your kidneys etc. Before starting anything this drastic, please consult your doctor. Also, you should have protein with every meal (beans or other plant matter can contain protein). This diet you're talking about does not sound healthy. Often a diet like this sheds pounds fast but you gain it right back once you stop and that's very bad for your heart.
  • kbdelarosa
    kbdelarosa Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I am doing the same for today, tomorrow and Thursday. Just to get off this plateau. I am not worried about starvation mode though since it takes longer than three days to kick in. I have eaten nothing but fruit and veggies so far today. May do some chicken tonight. I was laughing...if I have to eat anything else round I will croak! Apple, orange, grapefruit, grapes, plum, brussel sprouts.....I could do a can of tuna, but that is round too if you look at it from the top.....
  • mkingraham
    mkingraham Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I use peanut butter and oatmeal along with rice and beans, pretty much what everyone else has said. And milk is always a good way to consume your extra calories- liquid calories!
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I eat clean...I wash my hands before every meal! :bigsmile:
  • 5grn9
    5grn9 Posts: 36
    Options
    What exactly are steel cut oats?? and where can I find them???
  • steph53282
    steph53282 Posts: 11 Member
    Options

love it!
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Eating "clean" means something different to most people. Eating "Clean" for Me is staying within My Caloric and Nutrient Budget. If you stay within your caloric goals you should be fine...fruit can cost a lot (in your Food Budget as well as sugar.) You should do well. Oh, there's No such thing as "Starvation Mode."

I'll add this...the Body, like most things have "seasons." A "Season" to gain weight, a "Season" to Lose weight, a "Season" to be Dormant. I have found that I can control the weight gain season by reducing My caloric intake, I control wt reducing season by increasing activity and staying pat with calories/depending on how much I desire to lose. During the Dormant time, I had to learn to accept it and NOT get frustrated, because when I got frustrated and tried to PUSH My Body, I usually messed up and gained weight. During this Dormant season the Body is actually healing and replenishing itself and usually getting ready for the "Wt Loss Season." My greatest wt loss time is late spring-summer-early fall; winter is wt gain season if I am not diligent (and I try to come out of there balanced, but if I have a little gain I don't beat Myself up.) The other time is Dormant and I just keep with the plan. This concept takes a while to get, learning about your Body Cycles/Lots of Frustration/Lots of Wins and Loses. If your Body is in a "stall" it's telling you something...I'm healing, and when I'm done I will move on. But yet we want to "Shock" it into doing Something.
  • gurlysmiles2001
    Options
    just some ideas...

breakfast i do 1/2 c. quaker's quick cook raw oats, cook them in the microwave with a little bit of water and slice up one banana insead of adding sugar or milk. usually pretty filling and only about 180 calories

another good one is 2 eggs scrambled with fresh spinach and salsa

lunch i like to do a can of soup. usually you can get some low calorie ones from campbell's select harvest brand with chicken and vegetables for about 160 to 180 calories for the whole can

dinner i do chicken alot with salsa, i always buy frozen tenderloins since their quick to defrost, chop them into bite size pieces, sprinkle on some delicious mrs. dash garlic and herb seasoning( 0 calories) and pan fry in olive oil til white. i usually use 3 small tenderloins which i'm guessing is about 3 oz. and 38 calories when pan fried, and about 1/4 c salsa on top until its bubbly. than i do 1/2 c of brown rice as a side with salsa on top. rice is about 110 calories with the salsa

another dinner i just tried last night is pizza with flat out bread that i found off anoher post on here. it was delicous! and my pizza came out to abot 260 calories and filled me up! i used organic pasta sauce, fat free mozzerella, chicken, turkey pepperoni, spinach, and bell pepper

snacks i do a yoplait fat free yogurt or a piece of fruit. celary with fat free ranch is also great :)
  • TNH76
    TNH76 Posts: 47 Member
    Options

LOL! Me too!
  • amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    NUTS! I top my oatmeal with two tablespoons of chopped walnuts on work out days - walnuts have Omega 3 oils and monounsaturated fats which have lots of health benefits. There are almost 200 calories in those two tablespoons.

A lot of other nuts have health benefits too like pistachios and almonds. Just try to get them without added oil or salt.

Almond butter is also a good choice in addition to natural peanut butter. I also love plain Greek yogurt dressed up with Agave Nectar, berries and really natural homemade granola. You could also use plain nuts in place of the granola.
  • TonyaJ83
    TonyaJ83 Posts: 155
    Options
    I have been vegan for 2 1/2 years. I only eat all natural, organic foods. BUT I've had 2-3 nights of drinking alcohol ever since as well as splurging with ice cream, cookies, etc. on the weekends. Also my portions for dinner have been 2-3 times bigger than they should. So I haven't seen any results. :(
    But now I've been exercising, portion control, counting calories, not drinking alcohol and have dropped 4 lbs. in 2 weeks. I think I will see great results from here on out!
  • missdana2011
    Options
    Are you doing Tosca Reno's Eat Clean? If not try the website for ideas ......eatclean.com
  • MoonMyst3
    MoonMyst3 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • LOVEthighSELF
    LOVEthighSELF Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Thanks all =)