Calories burned for painting?

Options
My hubby and I painted for about 4 hours today. I was up and down a ladder, etc. Would you count that as exercise?

Replies

• gnicolecan
    gnicolecan Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    My hubby and I painted for about 4 hours today. I was up and down a ladder, etc. Would you count that as exercise?
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    I would. Can you come to my house and paint now too. :laugh:
  • gnicolecan
    gnicolecan Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    lol, we paid some painters to do 7 rooms last weekend. All we did was one 17x20 Den. Painting is hard work!
  • BBCoachKel72
    BBCoachKel72 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    OH HECK YAH it's a killer workout hahah!

A few years ago my husband was working out of town off and on for 8 months in Colorado (we live if California). So I decided to paint the house while he was gone. It was alot of work, moving furniture, taping, touch ups, baseboards, clean ups...ect! especially trying to get to the 12 ft ceilings, it's up down, up down on the ladder. I think it took me about a month and a half to get it all done. I know it sounds like a long time, but I worked 5 days a week and have 3 kids. On the weekend my kids were with their father. I would sometimes stay up until 4 a.m. painting...it was crazy! I was crazy! :noway: hahah!
    Anyways I lost 14 lbs during that time. Shoot I should take up painting my house every 6 months LOL! :laugh:
    But to answer your question I'm not sure how much you would of burned, but I could bet it was alot if it was a big room :smile:
    Kelly
  • BBCoachKel72
    BBCoachKel72 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    lol, we paid some painters to do 7 rooms last weekend. All we did was one 17x20 Den. Painting is hard work!

I should of hired your guys haha! My husband wanted to hire someone. He didn't think I would do a good job. He apologized for weeks once he saw how good I did. :happy:
    It really is hard work, but for some reason it was relaxing at the same time! I love to paint!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    It's definitely exercise, and burns lots of calories! My husband and I painted our house a month or so ago, and as much as I hated doing it, lol, it was great for my weight loss! Try this site to see how many calories you burned painting. www.caloriesperhour.com/index_burn.php