Finally!

ralsburg
ralsburg Posts: 3
edited September 25 in Introduce Yourself
Hi All,
I'm new to this site and new to tracking my food. I just started yesterday and I have to say that I am loving it so far. I'm more cautious of what I'm eating as well as portion control. I am a chef and I tend to overeat whenever I'm in the kitchen .. and also since most of my friends are chefs, too.. I am always surrounded by yummy food that I just can't get enough of!
However, since I weighed myself last week -- I do need to do something about the weight gain I'm experiencing. I think this site will help keep me motivated to reaching my goal.

:)

Replies

• ski3r4life
    ski3r4life Posts: 206
    OMG I avoid cooking because I know I will end up eating everything before it's cooked! This is one habit I need to change hahahaha! Welcome :)
  • Hi there..Im considering culinary school this year. Any tips?

I love food and love cooking! I just joined thsi site today and Im hoping to meet some great people and get some great results!

Dana
  • Hi everyone im also new here. i have never counted calories before in my life and am having a really hard time at it. the biggest problem im having is i don't eat meat or poultry. like today when i put in my southwestern chicken salad from mcdonalds, how do i make it so its not including the chicken? any vegitarians out there familar with this please help!!
    another example my breakfast samwhich comes with sausage on it 330calories
    but i don't eat the sausage so how do i figure out the difference in calories?
    any vegitarians out there familar with this please help!!
  • ralsburg
    ralsburg Posts: 3
    Dana,

Which culinary school are you thinking about attending? And also, are you going strictly for culinary arts or something else, like pastry and baking?...

One tip that I will recommend.. BE THERE EVERYDAY!!!!!!
    The culinary school I went to was very fast-paced. Our classes only lasted 3 weeks at a time, so it's crucial that you do not miss a class otherwise, you are going to be falling behind. You're usually in the kitchen for at least 7 hours including lab/lecture.
    Also, if you are having trouble -- it's best to keep trying. Most times, the stuff you make doesn't come out right until you've tried it several times. So don't give up! Just keep practicing. :)

Other than that, good luck! :)
This discussion has been closed.