who knows good inner and outer thighs exercises

Options
Hi everyone. I want to find some good toning and fat blasting exercises for my inner and outer thighs. I have been doing cardio to fat balst over all but I want something specific. Thanks. -sarah

Replies

• FoamyRiver
    FoamyRiver Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • kaymd
    kaymd Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I really need to focus more on toning now and I am very interested in this as well!
  • StacLegg
    StacLegg Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Squats!! =)
  • oldtyke
    oldtyke Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Side lunges.
  • tltincher
    tltincher Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    The Leg Magic machine. Google it, I have one and love it!
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    side leg lifts... that's outter. Not too sure on inner, but most gyms have a machine that does them, where you squeeze your legs together and push them apart...
    I'm pretty sure or inner there's heaps of ball exercises.
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    There's one my trainer has me do that I love. It works inner thighs, abs, and shoulders all at the same time. It's a kettle-bell squat. You stand with your feet slightly more than shoulder-width apart, toes angled out. Take the kettle-bell handle in both hands and hold it down in front of you. Squat until the kettle-bell touches the ground. (Be sure to keep your chest up and not lean forward.) Then stand up and lift the kettle-bell until your arms are straight out in front of you. Take a step forward, and repeat. It looks a bit funny as you kind of waddle with your feet so wide apart and angled out, but that's what targets those inner thighs.
  • labgirl3
    labgirl3 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    The best way to get rid of inner (and outer, and wherever) thigh fat is to have a proper diet. Exercise is only about 20% (some say 10%) of the equation. Cut your calories to lose weight, make sure you get plenty of protein and strength train to maintain your muscle, and you should lose fat all over.

You can't "spot reduce" the fat anywhere on your body - just think of the fat as the layers of an onion. You can peel off a layer at a time, but it will come off from the entire onion (your body) - not just one part.

Working the muscles under your fat will tighten them up and possibly make them a bit larger (not too large for most women - that's impossible without drugs), but it won't make the fat on top magically melt away. Sorry!
  • michelle277
    Options
    Wall squats with a stability ball....hold for 1 minute each in a squat position. Works great!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    The hip adductor and hip abductor machines at the gym.
  • s_ballchic_2
    Options
    squats, one legged squats
  • Solomonre0
    Solomonre0 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Find a pilates class or look up pilates on netflix, there's a bunch of great exercises.
  • Mayor_West
    Mayor_West Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Squats are known as the King of All Exercises because they are, quite simply the best lower-body exercise known to man. A standard barbell back squat will work over 200 muscles in the body, including all of the major leg muscles- quads, hamstrings, glutes, abductors, adductors and calves. In addition, it also works your core, including your obliques, upper and lower abs and your lower back. Finally, you also get the added benefit of increasing your overall condition level as well, as the oxygen requirements are greater than most exercises. Since there are so many muscles that need oxygen to recover between sets, you tend to get much more winded than you would with typical isolation exercises.
  • sarabellum
    sarabellum Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Squats, lunges (side, front, back) always burns - also, speedskaters - you feel the burn EVERYWHERE!!!
  • gagaboo
    gagaboo Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    One legged squats!!! Do not do the thigh squeezie machine at the gym!! Totally worthless, ask any trainer. Stand two dumbells up 1 foot apart, place one foot between them and squat down on one leg and touch the top of the dumbells. You will feel this then next day for sure - inner thigh and butt!! Helps hip flexor as well!
  • urbanexercise
    Options
    Lateral band walks (band around ankles) -outer
    sideline (laying on your side) straight leg lifts - outer
    Band hip abduction (band around a pole and ankle pulling towards body) -inner
    ''Cheerleader Jumps" ( jump up kicking both legs out to the side and bringing them in before landing) -inner/outer
  • darrenham
    darrenham Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Any exercise that burns calories combined with a diet with less calories than you're eating.

It's that simple.

Spot training for fat reduction is physiologically impossible.