My weekend so far ain't good

Options
{long post}

So....

Friday I posted about how I discovered a fraudulent charge of over $1,100 on my debit card. That should have been a clue to me to hunker down because a "bad streak" was coming, right?

Well, not me! No, I charged right out on a bike ride and my normal routine.

Friday's ride stunk! No other word for it. I had planned to try for 50 miles but barely made it 27 miles and the whole ride was miserable. My BG levels were low, I felt tired, weak, the wind was about 15mph and seemed to be in my face no matter which direction I tried to pedal. Finally, I gave up and called my DH to come get me.

So..yesterday, try again. Plan on 50 mile ride--I've got my first Century on the 25th and desperately need some miles before them to build up to it. Off I go--light wind (about 8mph), cool temps.

About 8 miles into it, I start feeling weak again. check my BG level--it was 105. Lower than I like to keep it on a ride, so I have a snack. Start again. Still weak, no power. Just felt like crud. Then, I have to "go" and I mean bad! I usually avoid the woods but I'm miles from the nearest public restroom, so I stop and pop into the woods and am in/out in under 2 mins. Barely made it the rest of the way home--total of 22 miles.

Get home, I'm tired and STARVING! On top of all this, btw, I'm still hanging onto 2 pounds of the 6 pounds I gained in 2 days last weekend! Pre-TOM and pre-men--what a combo! :mad: I'm 3 days late, too :grumble: :grumble:

Anyway, I'm so over this yo-yo weight thing I've been going through the last 2 months right now and being weak on this week's rides is just depressing.

So, I said "heck with it" and proceeded to have a binge day--let's see, yesterday I ate:

3 servings of Fiber One Caramel Delight Cereal with milk
1 Fiber One Chocolate Pastry with PB
2 Graham Crackers with PB
1 Biscuit with Jelly
3 HUGE Pork Egg Rolls
1 Large Order (1 qt.) of Chinese Beef with Snow Peas
Some Fig Newtons
1 Ice Cream Cone with 2 Scoops of Breyer's No-Sugar Added Chocolate Ice Cream

I felt so bloated and full when I went to bed :sick: I know I had to consume about 10x the sodium I normally do.

Then, I wake up in the middle of the night and my legs are itching like mad--get up to see what's going on and guess what? My little "stop" in the woods for a bathroom break resulted in CHIGGERS! ARRRGGHHHHH!

My legs are nothing but solid foot to thigh chigger bites--I'm itching like crazy and can't stand it! :frown:

Then, to finish my weekend experience--I weight this morning, fully expecting to see a gain from my pig-out yesterday and.....

I LOST 1 pound overnight--go figure that! :noway:

I'm so sick of being a older pre-men woman trying to lose weight--this is sometimes more than a person can bare. Up, down, up, down--I feel like an elevator. I don't get this weakness on the rides--I just took 4 days break last week, so should be strong. But I just feel "blah" riding. I didn't even want to go yesterday but made myself get on and start pedaling.

How's your weekend going? I hope better than mine!

(Oh, and I'm on a diuretic, so the quick weight gain/loss isn't fluid but more than likely, as Songbyrdsweet has "edumacted" :tongue: me, related to glycogen depletion/refilling--but that doesn't make it any easier to accept!)

Replies

• shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    {long post}

So....

Friday I posted about how I discovered a fraudulent charge of over $1,100 on my debit card. That should have been a clue to me to hunker down because a "bad streak" was coming, right?

Well, not me! No, I charged right out on a bike ride and my normal routine.

Friday's ride stunk! No other word for it. I had planned to try for 50 miles but barely made it 27 miles and the whole ride was miserable. My BG levels were low, I felt tired, weak, the wind was about 15mph and seemed to be in my face no matter which direction I tried to pedal. Finally, I gave up and called my DH to come get me.

So..yesterday, try again. Plan on 50 mile ride--I've got my first Century on the 25th and desperately need some miles before them to build up to it. Off I go--light wind (about 8mph), cool temps.

About 8 miles into it, I start feeling weak again. check my BG level--it was 105. Lower than I like to keep it on a ride, so I have a snack. Start again. Still weak, no power. Just felt like crud. Then, I have to "go" and I mean bad! I usually avoid the woods but I'm miles from the nearest public restroom, so I stop and pop into the woods and am in/out in under 2 mins. Barely made it the rest of the way home--total of 22 miles.

Get home, I'm tired and STARVING! On top of all this, btw, I'm still hanging onto 2 pounds of the 6 pounds I gained in 2 days last weekend! Pre-TOM and pre-men--what a combo! :mad: I'm 3 days late, too :grumble: :grumble:

Anyway, I'm so over this yo-yo weight thing I've been going through the last 2 months right now and being weak on this week's rides is just depressing.

So, I said "heck with it" and proceeded to have a binge day--let's see, yesterday I ate:

3 servings of Fiber One Caramel Delight Cereal with milk
    1 Fiber One Chocolate Pastry with PB
    2 Graham Crackers with PB
    1 Biscuit with Jelly
    3 HUGE Pork Egg Rolls
    1 Large Order (1 qt.) of Chinese Beef with Snow Peas
    Some Fig Newtons
    1 Ice Cream Cone with 2 Scoops of Breyer's No-Sugar Added Chocolate Ice Cream

I felt so bloated and full when I went to bed :sick: I know I had to consume about 10x the sodium I normally do.

Then, I wake up in the middle of the night and my legs are itching like mad--get up to see what's going on and guess what? My little "stop" in the woods for a bathroom break resulted in CHIGGERS! ARRRGGHHHHH!

My legs are nothing but solid foot to thigh chigger bites--I'm itching like crazy and can't stand it! :frown:

Then, to finish my weekend experience--I weight this morning, fully expecting to see a gain from my pig-out yesterday and.....

I LOST 1 pound overnight--go figure that! :noway:

I'm so sick of being a older pre-men woman trying to lose weight--this is sometimes more than a person can bare. Up, down, up, down--I feel like an elevator. I don't get this weakness on the rides--I just took 4 days break last week, so should be strong. But I just feel "blah" riding. I didn't even want to go yesterday but made myself get on and start pedaling.

How's your weekend going? I hope better than mine!

(Oh, and I'm on a diuretic, so the quick weight gain/loss isn't fluid but more than likely, as Songbyrdsweet has "edumacted" :tongue: me, related to glycogen depletion/refilling--but that doesn't make it any easier to accept!)
  • shorerider
    Options
    Oh, yeah, and I'm STILL starving! I just had my cereal for the day and feel like I could eat about 10 more bowls! I've never had cravings like this before with TOM, so not sure what's going on. Anyone with pre-men experience intense cravings like this? I had this before when I first came off my Metformin (diabetes pill) but it's been weeks and weeks since then.
  • greeneggsam
    Options
    First off, I can relate to your bad luck streak. Last week my mom tells me she is moving halfway across the country, my car got totaled by a hit-and-run driver, and I found out my job could be getting outsourced early next year. Once my neck and back felt better (due to the car accident), I hit the gym, but just wasn't "feeling it". I was distracted and stressed out. For me, I really had to shake things up. I haven't been to the gym in almost a week, but I have been moving around by helping my mom pack and trekking around car dealer lots pretty much daily.

Just remember - each day is a new chance. Put some hydrocortizone cream on those bites, and keep pushing forward. If you're not feeling up to cycling right now, maybe take some time to ramp back into it. You have some time before the 25th, and you certainly don't want to hate yourself and hate cycling by the time you are there.

--gross warning---

Oh, and btw, the four servings of Fiber One products will most likely make you remember why a binge day is not worth it! Should keep you on the straight and narrow for a bit. :wink:
  • shorerider
    Options
    First off, I can relate to your bad luck streak. Last week my mom tells me she is moving halfway across the country, my car got totaled by a hit-and-run driver, and I found out my job could be getting outsourced early next year. Once my neck and back felt better (due to the car accident), I hit the gym, but just wasn't "feeling it". I was distracted and stressed out. For me, I really had to shake things up. I haven't been to the gym in almost a week, but I have been moving around by helping my mom pack and trekking around car dealer lots pretty much daily.

Just remember - each day is a new chance. Put some hydrocortizone cream on those bites, and keep pushing forward. If you're not feeling up to cycling right now, maybe take some time to ramp back into it. You have some time before the 25th, and you certainly don't want to hate yourself and hate cycling by the time you are there.

--gross warning---

Oh, and btw, the four servings of Fiber One products will most likely make you remember why a binge day is not worth it! Should keep you on the straight and narrow for a bit. :wink:

gee, sorry to hear about your luck--worse than mine, that's for sure!

Yeah, on the fiber 1:laugh: --I had gone out to get the Chinese but then got home and had no "junk" in the house--funny, when you're trying to pig out and the only thing is basically "healthy" type stuff!
  • obliged
    obliged Posts: 465
    Options
    oh ladies my heart goes out to both of yous:flowerforyou:

i hope yous have a much better week than weekend
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Ah no, it sounds like your coming down with something. I always feel weak during my workouts right before being hit with a cold or flu. It'll get better! I hope you have a great day.....and try aveeno or there's a benedryl for the itchiness. :flowerforyou:
  • stacystar
    stacystar Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hugs all around >:D<
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear your weekend not been too good, here's to a better week ahead :drinker: :flowerforyou:
    Mine....best not to ask, all I will say is: I'm completely stressed out today :explode: :mad: :grumble: :angry: :noway:
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Shore: Ah, poor you! Things happen in 3's so hopefully that's it. I hear ya on the Pre-men thing. Tough to lose weight with that going on as well. I don't binge, but I have other bad habits that I use to cope! It's a new week, take a deep cleansing breath, and start over. BTW Good Luck on your Century!

Carol
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    My weekend, as far as the diet and exercise were kind of shot too! I did okay Friday but yesterday was bust! We went to the Auburn/Arkansas football game and I ate all kinds of junk and the only exercise I got was a body pump class plus the walk to the stadium and up the ramps to our seats.

I am bound and determined to stay focused and eat right today. Recovering from a binge is hard! It wreaks havoc on my body and mind. And it is never worth it, but dang that toast with butter and jelly was good last night!!!

Here is to new beginnings and a better week Shorerider!:drinker:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Oh no Shore, I'm so sorry!

I hope you've gotten the fraudulent charge all figured out. Money problems really stress me!

With your weakness, make sure you're eating enough still! You may have to increase your calories to maintenance for a week or two. That may also help with your weight going up and down. It's really important to take time off when you've been at this a while...exercise is taxing on the nervous system as well as everything else in the body, and it can lower your immune system.

Chiggers suck!! I had a bed-bug infestation in my sleeping bag/cot this summer....I was itchy all over, like hives. I even had bites under my bra straps, gross! I had to wash and dry my sleeping bag on high, and when I came back from that Saturday off, a mouse had pooped and peed all over my cot. I also got stung by a poisonous caterpillar. :grumble: I hate the woods. Take a hot, soapy shower or five!

Don't worry about the binge...I've seen (done) much worse. :flowerforyou:
  • ellelit
    ellelit Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    emotional eating is the hardest thing to overcome. yesterday was the anniversary of my dad dying, and instead of going for a monster binge, i just went about my day as normal and made it through. i can't explain why you went crazy like that, but all i can say is that you're not alone adn we;ve ALLLLL been there. little hiccups are normal! just remember how you felt last night, all bloated and gross. hopefully next time you feel an episode coming on you can think about that and it will dissuade you.

hugs
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    i went thru total menapause at 40. talk about slowing things down. I remember the last time I went on a diet, like 10 years ago, i was on 1200 cals and exercise 3 x wk, lost 2 pounds a week like nuthin.

now I work my buns off and am lucky with 1 pound every 10 days.

Good news is SHORE...it is all up hill from here! Oops, that might not be GOOD thing for a bike rider, huh?
    000201B8.gif
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    cant get that sucker to post. Trying to make ya laugh, but somethings not working in my emoticons. Sorry.

I hope you have a great day tomorrow!!:flowerforyou:
  • shorerider
    Options
    Well, the last 2 days, I haven't logged a thing. I've eaten pretty much what I wanted today--still relatively healthy and not as much as yesterday. But, I'm not feeling so worn out like I was up until now, so am hoping tomorrow's ride will be better!

I hate getting old phiphi.gif
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    better than the alternative my friend, better than the alternative!!

0002015E.gif
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Okay... just gonna give ya a hug, and tell ya that life has it's own sense of working our sista. Luvya. :flowerforyou:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Well, the last 2 days, I haven't logged a thing. I've eaten pretty much what I wanted today--still relatively healthy and not as much as yesterday. But, I'm not feeling so worn out like I was up until now, so am hoping tomorrow's ride will be better!

I hate getting old phiphi.gif

wait...ah aren't you only 45? Since when did 45 become old?:laugh: :noway: :drinker: