When did YOU notice a difference?

Options
mrmarius
mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
i was thinking back a couple of months ago and realizing how pictures can lie... I'd do 30 and 60 day pics and could not see a difference although people told me they could see a difference i couldnt.. in the mirror i could see a little more definition but that was it, now when i look at my current picture vs when i first started i see it but it took me about 20 lbs before i could see anything,i'm just wondering how long it took you all to notice the difference for yourselves

Replies

• caitlinclock
    caitlinclock Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    It took about 20 pounds myself. Some days I still don't see a difference and then other days I look in the mirror and smile a little bit and feel great. It still depends on the day sometimes for me here. My self image is still a work in progress right now.
  • BusyMomma2012
    BusyMomma2012 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I lost about 17 pounds so far...although I've had a really rough few weeks and have gained about 10 back :( I couldn't really notice it very much, but other people could. I did notice that my clothes fit a little better and looked better on though. I'm not sure what the magic number is
  • Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I'm still having a tough time seeing it. I've went down two pants sizes so I know it's there just thought I'd see more of a difference by now.
  • joaniegray
    joaniegray Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I mainly notice it when my pants feel looser and I have to go down a size. Also, I "feel" lighter -Haven't had to go down a pantsize but pants are a bit looser.
  • snowflakelaia
    Options
    I can tell a difference with 3 pounds, also in clothes. But I see a huge difference in 5 to 10 lbs. Clothes and even feel better when working out and overall energy.
  • CherylYMerritt
    CherylYMerritt Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    When i realized my "handles" fell off! LOL! Couldn't believe it, just noticed one day they weren't there anymore :)
  • bentobee
    bentobee Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    When i realized my "handles" fell off! LOL! Couldn't believe it, just noticed one day they weren't there anymore :)

Me too!

When I'm at home all day (which is most days) I usually wear yoga pants or yoga capris and I used to tuck my cell phone into the waistband to keep it nearby, but out of reach of my toddler and preschooler. Well, suddenly my phone wouldn't stay tucked in the waistband, it just fell down my pants leg. There's not enough lumpage there to hold it up anymore. Haha. :)
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I still can't really see a difference. Though I look in the mirror every day! So I might not noticed little changes. I know I'm losing weight because the scale says so, and the fact I have to keep pulling my pants up.
  • JsGirl93
    JsGirl93 Posts: 1,156
    Options
    Just my opinion, but I think it depends on where your weight comes of first, too. For example, I have a round face whether I weigh 115 or 215. This seems to make people (myself included) perceive me as bigger than I may actually be. I lose weight in my stomach and believe it or not, hands first. My s-i-l on the other hand has a big rear end, but skinny face/neck/shoulder area and is always perceived as weighing less than she does. We were actually just talking about this.
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I noticed a difference when I could feel my shoulder muscles and hip bones. Everyone thinks I am a weirdo asking them to feel my shoulders. I am the only one who feels up my hip bones though.:blushing:
  • calmmomw3minimeez
    calmmomw3minimeez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I noticed when my hrm chest strap kept slipping out of place and when hubby got jealous!LOL:bigsmile:
  • bubbaduts
    bubbaduts Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    It took over 50 pounds lost for me and most of the time I still don't see it. I'm still a fat girl on the inside but in time that will fade
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    it wasn't until I had drastically changed that i really took notice and aknowledged that I was thinner, i think it was just me being stubborn though and refusing to see it :P I didn't notice how much weight i had lost until a month or two ago actually and that was after 50 lbs of loss.
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I noticed a difference when I could feel my shoulder muscles and hip bones. Everyone thinks I am a weirdo asking them to feel my shoulders. I am the only one who feels up my hip bones though.:blushing:
    omg i did that the other night ! I was changing clothes and felt something hard and by gosh there it was ! A HIP BONE! I was amazed hahaha
  • CallMeMamaBoo
    Options
    30 lbs gone and I still see the same person in the mirror but all my clothes fit differently and some are just too big. I think we all have to get their mentally at some point and I personally, haven't reached it yet. G'luck to you.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I don't see any difference in myself yet looking in the mirror, but I am in a clothes size smaller (now a UK 10/US 6) than I was 6 weeks ago.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I don't really see a difference yet, though my jeans aren't as tight straight out of the dryer, so I do "notice" it a bit.

I was really disappointed this past weekend. I saw a bunch of folks who haven't seen me since the holidays and no one noticed (or if they did, they didn't say anything). :sad:
  • globe_trekker
    globe_trekker Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Baisleac, I totally understand about your post. I lost 16.5lbs (though have regained about 2 lbs in the last two weeks, which I hope will go away soon as I had started slacking) and nobody has said anything, even people whom haven't seen me in months, most of these people know that I'm getting fit and being diligent about it.

I'm thinking they either don't want to bring up weight period with me (when I asked my mom recently when she visited she said, "Yes, I noticed that you lost some weight, but you're so sensitive about it that I was afraid to say anything about it"), and maybe those whom don't know me all that well are unsure if it is even a topic they should bring up... or ... it's not that noticeable on me yet, as I still wear the same clothes, but in my opinion, they definitely fit better.

When I've seen friends whom haven't seen me in months and know about me actively trying to loose weight, and they don't mention it (even when discussing other friends' weight loss), that is when it is a bummer, but I tell myself that maybe they are just afraid to brooch the subject. Though a few friends later say, "yeah, it looks like you are loosing weight" but after it's already mentioned, it seems more like they are trying to make me feel better, so I just say be your own best support and keep on going. I definitely feel better and feel like my clothes fit better, it may not be as visible to others, but I know that the numbers don't lie :-)
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    so I just say be your own best support and keep on going.

This I can live with... It was disappointing, but not in the way that would make me want to give up.

I know I'm losing, that's important... Plus my (admittedly very biased) husband makes sure to mention when he gets some fabric bunching where fabric didn't used to bunch. LOL.
  • jamiesgotagun
    jamiesgotagun Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    I would say around 20lbs is when I started getting comments from friends and family =) I still don't really see a big difference, but I can feel it as my cloths are falling off me, so that is nice!!!!