What do I do??

Options
Okay, today has been crazy. I didn't get to eat until 1:00 and then, I grabbed 1/2 a cheese sandwich. It's now almost 7:00 p.m. and I'm struggling w/ getting the rest of my 1377 calories in for the day. I'm thinking of just eating a normal dinner & getting back to normal tomorrow. Thoughts?

Replies

• LittleD311
    LittleD311 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    thats what I would do! If your not hungry, don't eat...Tomorrow is a new day.....
  • arfdemob5
    arfdemob5 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Agreed. Eat dinner and move on for today. Do better tomorrow. It's not the end of the world!
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    pb sandwich with banana?
  • TiDinzeo
    TiDinzeo Posts: 309
    Options
    Sounds like you've got a plan there. At least you know there's a fair chance you're not going to go over your calorie goal today. Even if you do it won't be by much.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    One day under isn't going to be a big deal, I know there's people on here that do a regular fasting period, either a full 24 hours from dinner one day to dinner time the next or having a day where they spike calories.

Keep calorie dense nutritious foods around to help boost your calories healthy ways if you're worried.
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Go to the grocery store. Buy some healthy grab and go items to easily grab when you are on the move. Fresh fruit, Luna bars or Zone Perfect bars, etc. Always be ready with emergency snacks. I kept a lot of weight on not eating and have learned that a quick and nutritious breakfast is the KEY to kicking my metabolism in! Good luck!
  • perrytyra
    perrytyra Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Yes, don't stuff yourself. You don't do this every day do you? If you do, try to plan ahead next time so your calories are spread out throughout the day.

Have a normal dinner. If it is a while before bedtime, mabye you could have another small snack later.
  • TammyLanham
    TammyLanham Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    This rarely happens - I did fast yesterday so I'm especially weak today but my hubby is a minister & we've had several emergencies in our community today so life did not allow time to stop & eat. I'm having salmon, mac & cheese (the healthier variety) and peas for dinner. I don't want to stuff myself and try to make all those calories fit in.