Protein shakes? or not?

Options
Im a vegetarian and kinda a picky eater. I was wondering if protein shakes were a smart decision or not? Does anyone know of any that dont tast like chalk???

Replies

• Cposeley28
    Options
    EAS shakes are amazing- they have dark chocolate, chocolate fudge, strawberry, and vanilla- I get mine at Walmart
    Premiere Nutrition shakes are really good too- Costco
    Otherwise I buy Nectar whey powder (I get it from the vitamin shoppe) and I use that with water or milk. Nectar protein powder comes in tons of different flavors. I get chocolate truffle.. really good, and none of them taste like chalk and are really filling. I have shakes for breakfast and after workouts, and sometimes for a snack if I'm in a hurry. YUM!
    Good Luck!!!!
  • dc0330
    dc0330 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I use to do the special K but now I do the EAS shakes also! I usually use that as my breakfast! I get mine at walmart also!
  • cfitz10
    cfitz10 Posts: 4
    Options
    Whats EAS shakes?
  • BeHereNow
    BeHereNow Posts: 10
    Options
    Jay Robb Whey Protein in Chocolate mixed with your favorite lo-cal juice or berries and about four ice cubes in the blender. It tastes just like a shake. Also, I like Myoplex Light chocolate protein because it tastes good and has a lot of vitamins. Jay Robb has a complete Amino Acid profile, which helps with weight loss and muscle recovery (from what I've read).
  • Shed4Wed
    Shed4Wed Posts: 25
    Options
    The trainer I am working with recommended EAS Whey Protein Shakes because it helps rebuild lean muscle after workouts. I use the powder mixed with Almond milk (less calories and sugar), and when I am on the go I use the pre-made ones. Both have given me energy, and I don't get hungry as much as I used to. I think they taste fine, but you have to have patience to mix the powder really well.
  • lorirogs
    lorirogs Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I use the Herbalife shakes and mix them with Protein +, I get about 35 grams of protein in just 1 shake.
  • bodsmack7958
    bodsmack7958 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    EAS is a supplement brand. EAS has pre-made protein shakes and protein powder for sale.
  • Rosiefig
    Rosiefig Posts: 5
    Options
    I read at Dr. Oz site that protein shakes are OK.

Go to your local health store and ask the attendant, they ussually know alot about their products. I personally like to take Herbalife's shakes every now and then, or I make my own. If you want to make your own use your favorite milk ( rice, soy etc) 6 oz add, soy yogurt, and your fruit of choice. I love Bananas and penut butter and just a little bit of sugarless chocolate. Delicious!!! add some ice to the blender with all the ingredients and enjoy!!!
  • gagaboo
    gagaboo Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I do vegan protein shakes - Hemp Protein powder, chocolate flavor, from Trader Joes. With 1 c. almond milk, a frozen banana and a tbs of peanut butter and it's heaven!!!!
  • gagaboo
    gagaboo Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I do vegan protein shakes - Hemp Protein powder, chocolate flavor, from Trader Joes. With 1 c. almond milk, a frozen banana and a tbs of peanut butter and it's heaven!!!!
  • JulyHummingbird
    JulyHummingbird Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Atkins shakes are really good. Lots of protein and very low sugar, so they don't give you a 'crash and burn' like some shakes do. They keep you feeling satisfied for hours as well. Mary
  • kentlass
    kentlass Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    i am a picky vegetarian and LOVE the promax diet or the promax high protein shakes....i actually look forward to having them...so much so that i am having up to 155g protein a day at the minute!! ;)
  • shineythang
    Options
    thanks the vanillia myoplex carb controle was yummy and great after my work out today!