Pictures of my face.

Options
helenium
helenium Posts: 546 Member
Hello.

I'm starting to lose steam. I've gained 2 - 3 lbs since going up to almost 1200 calories a day (I'm trying to increase that number!!). I've been on a one-and-a-half month plateau. I've got enough motivation to keep going for now, but I'd just like to share a few pictures-in-progress at 23 lbs lost. The greatest change has been in my face, which I'm rather thankful for.

progress1.png

Yes, I'm dressed as an iPhone in one of them. :blushing: Long story...

Replies

• TiDinzeo
    TiDinzeo Posts: 309
    Options
    It could be that 2-3lbs is muscle rather than fat. Also it could vary if you're weighing yourself at a different time of day.

But from your pictures it looks like you're doing great so keep it up and I'm sure you'll reach your goal.
  • Emmabear24
    Options
    you look great, keep up the good work!!! good job!!
  • perrytyra
    perrytyra Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Nice pictures! Good work.
  • caribeals
    caribeals Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    you look great! good job!! :happy:
  • sarahazelnut99
    sarahazelnut99 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    im sorry, weight loss isnt easy though-we all know this
    I feel like i'm only losing a VERY tiny amount for the effort im putting in, but when i think about it i don't work out every day and sometimes i do go over in calories :-/
    hope you start losing again soon
    -sarah
  • MightyMom4
    MightyMom4 Posts: 180
    Options
    Hey Girl!....there is a BIG difference! I can total see the loss in your neck and face. Your doing great...keep with it!
  • globe_trekker
    globe_trekker Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Way to go, and I know how it can be on a plateau, but I agree with another poster on here that it could be muscle and not fat. I've reached a few mini plateaus in only a few months which is frustrating to hit them so early into this as I have a long way to go, but for me cardio is the key.

When I feel stuck and the scale not decreasing despite being under my calorie goals for a couple of weeks at a time, I really bump up the cardio and so far it has helped immensely. This may not be a one size fits all solution, so in that case, I would just keep sticking to eating healthy and being under my calorie goal and being sure to exercise throughout the week, you will break through the plateau at some point, and when you do, it's steady weight loss on the other side as long as you're consistent with the healthy eating and exercise. Good luck and keep up the great work!
  • helenium
    helenium Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Way to go, and I know how it can be on a plateau, but I agree with another poster on here that it could be muscle and not fat. I've reached a few mini plateaus in only a few months which is frustrating to hit them so early into this as I have a long way to go, but for me cardio is the key.

When I feel stuck and the scale not decreasing despite being under my calorie goals for a couple of weeks at a time, I really bump up the cardio and so far it has helped immensely. This may not be a one size fits all solution, so in that case, I would just keep sticking to eating healthy and being under my calorie goal and being sure to exercise throughout the week, you will break through the plateau at some point, and when you do, it's steady weight loss on the other side as long as you're consistent with the healthy eating and exercise. Good luck and keep up the great work!

Thank you! Reassuring! Will up the exercise as soon as I get out of starvation mode (oops)!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!