Supplements

Options
Do any of you peeps use supplements as a part of your weight loss/fitness regime? I have found that my tank has been empty some days and i am so tired a lot of the time. I eat all my calories and more on my gym and running days but there is just not enough gas in the tank, especially when I have played hockey the night before I go to the gym.

I am thinking of adding some BSN No-explode before workouts for the energy and a Optimum Nutrition protein shake for after workouts to see if this helps.

The other problem I am having is that when my body doesn't have the fuel it needs I am positive that it is eating up the muscle to get what it wants, I know this because as of late my sweat smells like ammonia therefore I must be in ketosis. Which is not a good thing because it lowers my bodies muscle to fat ratio and I like the muscle to be there

Any advise would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Replies

• legend1973
    Options
    anyone?
  • 8sheila8
    8sheila8 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I take a B12 vitamin in the morings and that has seemed to help with energy.
  • cacrat
    cacrat Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I do use protein (whey/casein) supplements as well. And mix some Metamucil in there to boost the fiber intake too. But those are mainly my meal replacement shakes. I also do a whey shake post workout. Good luck on the NO use. There haven't been too many studies that show a benefit great enough to outweigh the cost. I generally stick to some caffeine before the gym to make sure I have some energy throughout the workout.

If you're in ketosis, that would be a good thing for fat burn. And as long as you're getting your protein intake taken care of, your body won't resort to using stored protein (muscle) for energy.

Good luck!