Proud to be over in calories today! :)

Options
I am giving myself the day off. No exercise. No concern over calories. I have been on this journey since January 18, without one day over my calorie goal. I did the 30 day shred and have been doing one hour step aerobics 6 days a week since. I feel I earned the right to have a day off. It feels good. I have a little anxiety, but this is a lifestyle, not a diet and we have to enjoy foods we love once in a while, right?

Replies

• babersbh
    babersbh Posts: 32
    Options
    I totally agree with you. You need to treat yourself every now and then. :)
  • arfdemob5
    arfdemob5 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Agreed....but even after just a month of healthy eating expect your tastes to have changed...and to not enjoy some of your old favorites as much! Which is momentarily depressing..then AWESOME!

I wanted to be "bad" and bought a bag of doritos...I ate two and threw the bag away because they were disgusting to me..I couldn't handle the salt! It's wierd I still sometimes crave them, then I remind myself that I could buy them but I will hate them! LOL
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Absolutely!! I agree that after a while your tastes do change but know that one day is free is still good for the spirit.
  • kpopluvr392
    Options
    LOL omg yes :D
  • mare91467
    mare91467 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    The funny thing is that I really wasn't that bad. I only went over by one slice of pizza and an individual pack of fig newton cookies. I am such a glutton, aren't I? ;)
  • wonderlady71
    wonderlady71 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am not being overly strict with my food tracker...I do log everything but for me it's more about a visual to keep me accountable as I try to eat healthier! I know that if I completely cut something out will just sabotage myself. It's better to follow moderation!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you have to eat crappy foods to remind yourself why you don't eat them.
  • DOTY1
    DOTY1 Posts: 97
    Options
    I agree as long as your staying active then I dont thinks its bad to treat yourself everyonce and awhile just becarful not to get caught up.:wink:
  • skoobyska420
    Options
    I have read (on the internet mind you, so take this with a grain of salt), that every few weeks a cheat day actually helps you lose weight by shocking your metabolism. By cheat I mean eating more calories, not eating terrible food. Even if you do have unhealthy food, if its in the beginning of the day, it is not such a big deal. Too bad (at least for me) all my cravings for unhealthy sweet food are always at night hehe.

Also having a cheat day every few weeks (2-4 weeks I would think) will help you stay on your diet by not getting burnt out on your diet. It is definitely worth having a cheat day if it allows you to stay with your diet for a year instead of quitting after 2 months because you were too strict.
  • AmandaR910
    AmandaR910 Posts: 991
    Options
    I can't do this. I always feel really bad about it afterwards lol.
  • peteyTwang
    peteyTwang Posts: 250
    Options
    Whatever works! :happy:
  • Bridgetc140
    Bridgetc140 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I can't do this. I always feel really bad about it afterwards lol.

Yeah me too. However, I really want a fluffernutter later!! So, it will cost me 450 calories....so when I work out in a bit, I must burn at least 500....then I have earned my fluffernutter....oh how I love my peanut butter!!!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Help me out here.. what on earth is a Fluffernutter???

Edited to add:
    Never mind, I've just googled it and discovered that it is what I would classify as "one of those weird things that they eat in America" (as opposed to the weird things people eat in other parts of the world!).
    I'm sure it has to be delicious but don't think I'll try that out!
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    Fluffernutter: white bread, peanut butter, marshmallow fluff
  • paperbagprincess
    Options
    Yuck! That's really something ppl eat?
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Yuck! That's really something ppl eat?
    I agree, I live in america and would never try that ... ew. lol
  • Bridgetc140
    Bridgetc140 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Well, it will be on multi grain bread with all natural peanut butter. I love peanut butter with many different things......peanut butter on garlic bread topped with pasta and sauce.................so good. I haven't had that for a while though, because it's like a million calories. The fluffernutter....is a special treat here and there. I do usually have 2-3 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches per week....I just work them into my calories. I don't eat sweets or desserts, so those are my treat and I really enjoy them. I love how everyone is saying EWW about something they've never tried and it's not even weird. In some countries they eat baby squid while they're still alive and moving in your mouth....that warrants an eww...not peanut butter and marshmallow creme.
  • Just1forMe
    Just1forMe Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Doesn't look like you went too crazy...enjoy your nite off! It does sound like you've earned it and know how to get right back to it tomorrow!
  • EmelyJ
    EmelyJ Posts: 208
    Options
    Agreed....but even after just a month of healthy eating expect your tastes to have changed...and to not enjoy some of your old favorites as much! Which is momentarily depressing..then AWESOME!

I wanted to be "bad" and bought a bag of doritos...I ate two and threw the bag away because they were disgusting to me..I couldn't handle the salt! It's wierd I still sometimes crave them, then I remind myself that I could buy them but I will hate them! LOL

This is extremely true. I haven't had a soda in so long, and it's not the same. If I have a bag of chip, and I don't finish it because it's not the same anymore. so I completely understand what you mean.
  • Silveremotion
    Options
    I agree with everything that has been said :) You have to take a day off every now and then. I have also noticed that soda and other things I used to love now just taste terrible... which I think is GREAT! As you said this is a lifestyle NOT a DIET :)

BTW-I noticed your weight goals are the same as mine... 140 by June 1st.. you are way ahead of me though.... not having much success. You have inspired me to work harder thanks!! :)