First Day Here

Options
Hi, I started changing my eating habits about 2 weeks ago. So far so good. I have lost 10 pounds. I have been down this road before with a program that required weekly meetings etc. which were just too inconvenient as I live in a rural area in upstate NY so when the snow started flying, I went less and less til not at all. Then, the motivation was gone and here I am... I have the eating part down pretty good. I need to get out and do some exercising!! The weather is still pretty crappy, I love walking and have 2 dogs who are all too willing to give me all the support I want and even pull me up hills sometimes. I also have a 9 year old at home who is less than thrilled to go on these walks with me. I am looking for advice on inside exercise that does not involve equipment that takes up space as I have none for it. I am really at the beginner level of exercise and found some of the dvds quite intimidating. Any thoughts would be great! I have been poking around and this site seems great!!!!

Replies

• missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    hi and welcome, i use a gym ball and that is fab u kind do 100's of different exercises with it:flowerforyou:
  • arfdemob5
    arfdemob5 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I think the Leslie Sansone dvds are a great beginner series and they aren't too expensive.
  • TiDinzeo
    TiDinzeo Posts: 309
    Options
    Personally I use Wii sports, Wii fit and a rowing machine I bought. I decided to do my exercise at home as I never stick at going to the gym. After a day at work, I don't want to have to drive 10 minutes each way and do 30-45 minutes of exercise in between. So far, I'm on day 4 of my exercise regime, I've not missed a single day. And I'm enjoying it more than I ever did going to a gym.

If I had the money and the space, I'd probably get a treadmill as well so I could vary a bit more.
  • casey1974
    casey1974 Posts: 18
    Options
    I have wii sports, I did find the boxing really gets you going. I have been leaning toward getting a wii fit and everywhere around here is sold out of them :( I will keep looking though. I could even get my son to do that too :) Thanks
  • casey1974
    casey1974 Posts: 18
    Options
    That has been on my mind, I had one before. Think I deflated it and tucked it away somewhere...lol Even if you are not doing anything but bouncing and watching tv, you are doing something :) thanks
  • ducksinarow
    Options
    I have just started using the resistance bands/tubes--I like using them for toning arms and abs, etc. I also try to walk around the house (when nobody is around!), such as when I am taking the laundry to/from the laundry room, by doing lunges. I like to walk when the weather is nice. I also put on music while I am cleaning, etc. and when a good fast song comes on, I stop and dance to it....any little bit of movement helps!