has anyone attended an extreme bootcamp class?

Options
a friend has asked me to join a 6 week class with her (two nights a week, 40 minutes a night) and I am just not sure. Can anyone tell me what goes on in these classes? I am assuming at first it would be pretty hard for someone like me who has little to no exercise on a daily basis. I guess I am just questioning myself wondering if I would be able to keep up with everyone or if I am just giving it too much thought. Any info would be helpful. Thanks everyone!!

Replies

• amberlynnkitty
    amberlynnkitty Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have not gone, but I looked into them...

They're EXPENSIVE! But the place here that offers them also offers pole dancing classes.
  • FaeFae
    FaeFae Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    ive done it loved it!!! The one i did we did running, pushups, planks, tricep crunches,things with ropes and bars running up hill....etc....it was killer and hard but worth it!!
  • TERESAMALLERY
    Options
    Yes, be careful of those darn dips for your triceps off the edge of a chair. They can screw up your shoulders.
  • amysmartin
    amysmartin Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I did an Adventure Boot Camp (similar but not exactly the same) for about 6 months, about 2 yrs ago. Mine was 1 hour each morning Mon-Fri. It's hard to say exactly what you will do because, at least for us, every single day was different. And it was everything, all types of cardio, lots of running, weights, team activities, floor exercises, etc.

What I loved: they pushed you to do things you wouldn't normally do on your own, met great people, inspiring and motivational to have a group of people all working towards same goal. I definitely achieved exercises that I never thought I would be able to do, and probably couldn't even do now. It was hard, some days you are the slowest one and some day you can keep up. But I think you push yourself a little more when there's a whole group doing the same thing.

What I didn't love: it was from 5:30-6:30am 5 days a week, sooo hard getting up so early, but you won't have that problem. I didn't always lose weight at the end of each 6 wk session. I may have lost inches or cut minutes off my mile... but it took several months to figure out how I needed to adjust my diet to not be starving, gain muscle, and lose fat.
  • arfdemob5
    arfdemob5 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    We did one for a month (bought a groupon). It was fun, it was exhausting! I really enjoyed it...but it was HARD!
    Prepare to work your tushie off! And don't be surprised if you want to or actually vomit!