Need support for fellow MFP people!

Options
Hey Everyone,

I've been on this since January and I haven't done as well as I'd hoped. I'm in my sister's wedding near the end of May and I really wanted to get down in weight. There will be plenty of people I haven't seen in a while and of course pictures!

I had my goal set at 2 pounds per week. However, on days like today when I tried to eat really healthy, I ended up feeling very tired, hungry and light headed so I ate more. I don't know if it's because I went from 3000-5000 steps per day to 8500-14000. I have been wearing a pedometer as motivation to keep me doing at least 8500 everyday now. I wondered if my body required more energy? Tomorrow I'm going to have a bigger breakfast and see how I do.

Today, I listened to my body and I've decided I'd move my weight loss from two pound to one pound per week. It might be more attainable for me and thus more rewarding. I'm really getting defeated!

What healthy snacks do you find filling that don't have tons of calories?

As well, I'd love to add other MFP friends to encourage, support and suggest so I can start attaining my goal! Thanks!

Replies

• arfdemob5
    arfdemob5 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Try beginning each day with a minimum of 30 grams of protein. And get 80-120 grams of protein per day. This will help. Also, use the rule of 10...when looking at a food label take carbs-fiber and subtract from protein..if the result is over 10..don't eat it!
  • bethany7687
    Options
    Are eating enough fat and protein? If you are eat alot of low fat or nonfat foods you could feel lowsy.
  • MeredithLee11
    MeredithLee11 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    To echo others, make sure you get enough protein. I love fat free Greek yogurt (I buy Chonbani) with cut up fruits. Lots of protein and a little bit of natural sugar to pep me up.
  • debbiemacfarlane
    debbiemacfarlane Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    HI there, I have been on here since January as well. I am doing very well but I have a lot of weight to lose.

Try not to get discouraged. Eat as many vegetables as you want during the day. This will help to feel full.

I found having oatmeal for breakfast with some fruit in it, helps stay full until my morning snack, Eat small meals often.

Good luck I hope this helped.
  • laneyb356
    laneyb356 Posts: 25
    Options
    I find if I eat protein like scrambled eggs in the morning I am less likely to get starving by lunch. I don eat a snack in between. I work early so breakfast is at 4:30am. 10:00 is snack time with a Fiber One muffin (I add extra fruit like blueberries or bananas) & have 10 almonds (doesn't sound like much but works) and 1/2 C. raw blueberries with it. Noon is lunch. My goal is to add more fiber so bigger amounts of broccoli, etc. for dinner. They say fiber is filling. I have checking out my printable diary. It breaks down the carbs into sugar also and shows the fiber and sodium. I have a lot of work to do. My sugars are still high and fiber not high enough. I also try and eat 1/2 or whole sandwich with something like Dave's Killer Bread. Half because there is a lot of calories there but . . . has the whole grains & fiber so is more filling. The steps shouldn't be bad. At work on a good day I get in around 8000 and need to bump up to 12000 just for more exercise. I have also been watching Biggest Loser but mostly to see what they do for exercise. They don't necessarily need a gym but a lot of repetition with heavy stuff. You watch how they change their shapes. I find it amazing. There's hope for me yet. Good luck to you!!!