Fish Oil - "Fish Burp"

Options
I take Fish Oil once a day. I use the Spring Valley double strength 1200mg. It is supposed to be one that claims there is no "fish burp". It is definitely better than most, but I am one of those people that tend to burp a lot regardless. So, I still have a slight "fish burp" when I do take them. :blushing:
So, my question is, with the exception of not taking them, is there any way to combat the "fish burp"?

Replies

• sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I have never tried it...but I heard that freezing them helps
  • jojowink
    jojowink Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    in the past couple months i have started on fish oil/flax. the Barlean's Omega Swirl is AWESOME!!! tastes like a creamsicle (sp?). I have NEVER had a bad burb or after taste. at health foods store in the fridge section for about $20
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    natures bounty I have found good for that "no fish burp" after effect.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I thought it was just me...tried fisn oil capsules last week and also got what felt like heartburn, so undecided whether I should continue taking them...
  • slimkitty
    slimkitty Posts: 418
    Options
    I am with you on this one. I haven't found anything to help me, so I have given up on fish oil. I now take flax seed oil and evening primrose oil instead. I have no trouble with those, but i couldn't digest the fish oil. I also eat sardines and wild salmon frequently.
    Try taking it with food and use a good lipase enzyme - It might help.
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    take it with a meal that should help.
  • Bridgetc140
    Bridgetc140 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Weird. I have been taking Fish oil for years and I've never had any side effects from it. I would try a different brand.
  • staciekins
    staciekins Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Thank you to all for your input.
    I will try switching to Nature's Bounty next time I buy Fish Oil, and if that doesn't work, Barlean it is :)
  • gogetit3
    gogetit3 Posts: 2
    Options
    I had the same problem. If you go to a vitamin store ask for fish oil pills that are flavored. I tried the lemon ones and i stopped noticing the infamous "Fish Burp"! Good Luck!
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I started taking mine at night, and no longer get the "fish burps."
  • amysmartin
    amysmartin Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    so gross isn't it... I started taking them at night, before bed, and no longer had the burps.
  • Brelynn
    Brelynn Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Me too - when I take them before bed I don't have that problem.
  • agranados805
    agranados805 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try Coromega supplements. Do not taste fishy at all and no fishy burps. They have them in orange flavor and orange with a hint of chocolate. Really yummy.
  • gigigirl13
    Options
    Mega Red Fish Oil has worked for me. I have been taking them now about a month and they are working well. Sams has the best price on them. Way less expensive than Walgreens, etc.