Weight Plateau

Options
I have a normal range BMI after losing weight. However, to be in great shape I would like to lose another 5-10 pounds. However, after exercising 45 minutes(cardio) and strength exercises 5 days a week and eating according to my fitness pal, I am not losing weight for the last 5 weeks. If anyone has any tips or a diet plan I could follow it would be much appreciated. This is extremely frustrating.

Replies

• unicorn19girl
    unicorn19girl Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Try upping your calories more...when you have less to lose and remain at a low calorie level, the body begins to hold onto every ounce of food to avoid starvation mode. When I had alot to lose, I was fine on 1200-1500 calories a day. Now that I am about 10 pounds from goal, I have hit a plateau and was advised by my doctor to eat about 1900 a day because my body felt too deprived on 1400-1500 with the 60 minutes of exercise I do five days per week. You may gain a little at first, but once your body realizes it's not starving, you will begin to lose again. Good Luck!!
  • coachweaver
    Options
    Have you been making sure you are getting a variety of foods into your daily nutrition? Sometimes when we are focused on eating healthy it is easy to fall into eating the same foods because we know they are safe. Adding variety to your food is important. Also--interval training with high intensity bouts of exercise is helpful when trying to break a plateau. Trick your body...switch it up :0)
  • gavin03
    gavin03 Posts: 39
    Options
    I am in the same boat. I have lost inches though. Check that and maybe you have lost inches rather then weight. I was told to be patient and that is what I am doing. Good luck
  • danielled6875
    danielled6875 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Rmcanzano
    Options
    Try watching your salt intake.Sodium is everywhere.
  • pander101
    pander101 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I know calorie shifting has been really helpful. Like you change the amount of calories you eat every third day to keep your metabolism running higher, so your body doesn't adjust or go into starvation mode. It's currently what I'm doing right now and it's worked pretty well. I have to eat more calories than myfitnesspal recommends on some days though but that's the point of the whole thing.

Here's the website calculator I used in-case you just want to check it out.

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

after entering that stuff in if you click on the "7 day calorie cycle (zig-zag)" link in the results it will show you how much you need to consume for each day. Works pretty well!
  • pfitness0103
    pfitness0103 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone....I will definitely take these tips and apply them. I will also definitely use the weight loss zig zag plan