New Girl on The Block

Options
Hi,Fitness Pals! This is my first day on this site and I think it is so cool.My dietician was the one who recommended the website because I am having a hard time losing weight. It seems to me the amount of food I eat and my weight just doesn't add up because I am not a heavy eater. Well, I think I will be able to pinpoint exactly what I am doing wrong. I do have some downfalls and carbs is the major one the other is lack of excersise. I want to be a conscious eater. Sometimes I will go hours before eating and when I finally eat it's whatever and that's when I get caught. So, If anyone have suggestions for me i would appreciate it.

Replies

• Hinto
    Hinto Posts: 52
    Options
    Welcome aboard, lots of smart people here (me not included), you're sure to get some good advice though.
  • TiDinzeo
    TiDinzeo Posts: 309
    Options
    Welcome.

You're at the right place to become a conscious eater and when you're logging, I reckon you'll notice where you're calories are coming from.

This site is also a great place to get motivation if you need it or just some good information about anything related to weight loss.
  • Tcfrancois
    Options
    THANK YOU MUCH!
  • kajun_at_work
    kajun_at_work Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Measure and log everything you eat. It will become apparent in no time what your problem areas are.

A big area of mine was portion size, I knew that it was. What I didn't know was how much of a problem it was until I started weighing and measuring out my portions.
  • Tcfrancois
    Options
    THANKS,SO TRUE. THIS WILL BE A GREAT TOOL FOR SOMEONE LIKE ME.
  • happygirl2972
    happygirl2972 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!!
  • Tcfrancois
    Options
    APPRECIATE IT!!
  • lripson28
    lripson28 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Hello there! I guarantee you'll get the advice and motivation you want to live healthy.
  • SaraTonin
    SaraTonin Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Great to hear your dietician recommended it! One friend of mine tracks food by time of day it was eaten, so that she can be held accountable when she's skipping. That might work better than breakfast, lunch, dinner for you. Welcome to the site!!
  • heatherzotigh
    Options
    I am somewhat of a dietitian myself, no credientials, just tons of personal experience and also I'm going to school for dietetics :wink:

first off you need to eat every 2-3hrs, that will get your metabolism burning, when you don't eat for hours and hours, then gorge yourself, your body will hold on to everything because with the irregular eating habits, it doesn't know when it's gonna get it's next meal... so rule #1 eat every few hours--and eating in breakfast is super important because that is what jump-starts your metabolism in the morning!

and exercise is important if you wanna lose weight--sure you can lose SOME weight through diet alone, but when it comes down to it you have to exercise! and you need to do strength-training--building muscle boosts your metabolism--MUSCLE BURNS FAT! So rule #2 exercise!

as for carbs--they are not the horrible enemy everyone thinks--you just need to eat the right ones---fruits, veggies, and 100% whole wheat breads, and pastas... so rule #3 complex carbs only!

avoid eating out (unless you're strong enough to choose health items--most of us aren't so it's better to avoid it all together until you get the selecting healthy food options down solid) definitely avoid fast food, and junk foods... that's all I can think of off the top of my head... hope it helps!

Happy Health and Fitness to you!
  • Tcfrancois
    Options
    Thanks!!!!! Great info.