Someone to check my diary?

Options
Hi All - I was hoping someone would be willing to check my diary from today and offer any feedback. I have alot of weight to lose and I need some help figuring out if I am on the right track. I haven't logged my eating for awhile but made the committment to get back to it today. Any help you can offer is appreciated! :)

Replies

• charityateet
    charityateet Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Hi, how much weight do you have to lose?
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    hi..feel free to add me..i can check, and give you the best advice i can..best of luck, take care :)
  • jaybaileys
    jaybaileys Posts: 317
    Options
    Hey Ali we used to live in Glenmoore and West Chester, now we're back home on the other side of the state. It seems like you have alot of carbs on your diet. You may want to try more protein and even some healthy fats like almonds, olive oil, avacado's, and fish. How much are you looking to lose and what type of excercising are you doing? Good luck.
  • Carmendu
    Carmendu Posts: 409
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to friend me if you like.. I can look and let you know what I think. I'm not a professional but I do know that sometimes just a little help counts. Hope you have a great weight loss journey.
  • ali0320
    ali0320 Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks so much for all the great support!!! This place is great. I would ideally like to loose 75 pounds. I am at my highest weight I have even been and it's depressing! I am a 2nd grade teacher so I am on my feet most of the day. I try to get to Zumba at least 3 nights a week but it's been hard lately. I like carbs a bit too much and will def make a conscious effort to lessen those. I have a BodyBugg so I can track exactly what I burn each day. It helps! :)
  • Laurieannfanelli
    Laurieannfanelli Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me would really like to help if I can!
  • waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Good luck!!
  • jaybaileys
    jaybaileys Posts: 317
    Options
    You may want to try adding some resistence training also. Some bands or dumbbells with a program like Chalene Extreme may be up your alley. Or you get a kettlebell and start swinging it. You can do a kettlebell workout in about 20 - 30 minutes and shred some pounds definitely.
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    It looks great to me Ali. I believe that you need to eat what makes you happy with special attention to extra protein and less sodium. We have to stick with this new lifestyle change forever - so we have to treat ourselves well. If you start feeling deprived you will STOP! Do everything you can to not STOP! Keep up the GREAT work!
  • Stormywinter
    Stormywinter Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi feel free to add me. Taking the first step to record everything you are eating is big, so congratulations. The fact that you are asking for help and admitting that you can change also shows how committed you are so feel good about the small accomplishments. Taking in lean proteins is a good way of making yourself feel full so try adding lean proteins like fish, eggs, chicken or yogurt to your diet. You could even have a protein shake for breakfast. I will be able to help more once I see your diary. I myself love sweet things so I have stocked my fridge with strawberries, grapes and melon so I can snack on sweet but healthy items. If you need more help, let me know.
  • heatherzotigh
    Options
    you want your carbs and your fat to come from better sources... for instance a bowl of oatmeal in the morning with some fresh blueberries mixed in would be much healthier and filling than a fiber bar... you def want more protein, and I would eat less fat, but honestly, not knowing your weight, or any health issues, it's hard to give advice safely, you don't want to cut too much too quick...
    also exercise is very important to incorporate in...
  • skinnyhopes
    skinnyhopes Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Your lunch looks good (:
  • kerryg1976
    Options
    hello, My name is Kerry and Im new here! trying to lose weight and keep it off, Im here for the support so any help will be appreciated, thank you!
  • sassafrasy
    sassafrasy Posts: 113
    Options
    Hello, I am new to this site as well. I'm a little skeptical about eating the calories its says too. I'll know on Saturday if it works. Everyone cross your fingers.
    You said to look at your food diary. How can I do that?
  • GremlinJenny
    Options
    Hey Ali,

You're gonna want to track your Sugar as well, as you were over by more than 300%:

Calories: ate 1225, allowed 1300, you were under by 75
    Fat: ate 39, allowed 45, you were under by 6
    Sodium: ate 2035, allowed 2500, you were under by 465
    Chol: ate 80, allowed 300, you were under by 220
    Carbs: ate 151, allowed 186, you were under by 35

Protein: ate 68, allowed 51, you were over by 17
    Sugar: ate 76, allowed 24, you were over by 52

You're doing great though. Keep you the great motivation!!!!! xoxo.
  • Liatush
    Liatush Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Good luck :)