Bicycling Calories changed - WHY!

Options
I am confused now...1st I logged my bicycle at more than 20mph for 20 minutes and it showed less than 100 calories...I deleted that and then entered it again and it came up the way it always has...anyone else having problems with entering their excersise lately.

Replies

• rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Have you lost weight? MFP calculates calorie burn based on your current weight.
  • slmckenzie
    slmckenzie Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You said you've been doing it for several months now. Have you lost a fair amount of weight since that time? If so, it may now be calculating based on your new weight, which will burn less calories than it did when you weighed more.
  • Cmsl90
    Cmsl90 Posts: 16
    Options
    I just reposted...I think something is wrong with MFP calculator...I am doing GREAT losing weight...just glitches in things throw me for a loop...Down 21 since 1/4/11
  • sassyg
    sassyg Posts: 393
    Options
    sometimes its just slow to update.

like you'll enter the 2 of 20 and it'll calculate the burn for 2 minutes, and then you put the 0 but it takes a kick up the donkey to make it recalculate for 20 minutes.
  • Cmsl90
    Cmsl90 Posts: 16
    Options
    One of my MFP friends just had same problem...I told her to delete and reenter then it would work...something wrong with MFP tonite
  • floydg68
    floydg68 Posts: 28
    Options
    Yes, it's definitely a glitch. I ride all the time and your stats would produce about a 300-400 calorie burn depending on your weight. If I do 10 minutes @ 16mph for warm-up, it's 100+ calories burned. That's indoors. Outdoors would be even more. I weigh 193lbs.
    Try this site for cross-reference: http://www.caloriesperhour.com/

Take care.
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    My antivirus was freaking out on MFP last night. Maybe it is having issues.
  • lisapickering
    Options
    I had an issue the other day, I changed the minutes but it didn't change the calories, logged out and logged back in (as all IT people tell you to do... LOL) and it worked ok.