fruity shakes instead of chocolate shakes

Options
does anyone have any ideas on something to drink that is healthy . ahhhh water is boring and good for you , and im starting to have those cravings for a ICE COLD PEPSI OR CHOCOLATE MILK MILKSHAKE! any alternatives THANKS

Replies

• BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Make a smoothie out of some skim milk, plain yogurt and frozen fruit. Delish :)
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I had a protein shake earlier today made with passion fruit flavored protein powder and ice water. It was great!

If you go to a store like Max Muscle or GNC they are sure to have more varieties than the boring ol' vanilla and chocolate, or you could just get the vanilla and toss some fruits into the blender with it.

I also use Shakeology to kill my cravings of other chocolate goodies.
  • MemphisMarly
    Options
    Chocolate almond milk is pretty sweet.. Or original/vanilla almond milk with chocolate syrup if you really need a treat.
  • powerstrokediesel
    Options
    shakeology i like! haha
  • quintter
    quintter Posts: 5
    Options
    Try a protein shake. You may be lacking something and your body is telling you by cravings. I am a fan of the Whey proteins and think thin bars sold at trader joes. Thats just my preference, but you can find plenty of good ones out there. They tend to fill me up and satisfy the cravings.
  • Jrh2os
    Jrh2os Posts: 28
    Options
    Fruit smoothies made with a whole orange and/or banana, frozen berries, nonfat yogurt and spinach (yes, spinach). I have one most mornings for breakfast. I throw a huge handful of raw spinach in with the fruit and blend it up. you can't taste it and it adds lots of nutrition.
  • BookingIt
    Options
    I drink one or two of these every single day. I find myself craving them the way that I used to crave Coke (okay, the way that I still sometimes crave Coke). It is delicious. I personally hate any kind of leafy green, and you can't even taste it in this smoothie. Yeah, the color is a little odd, but it is very, very good. After I drink one of these, I have ZERO cravings of eating anything unhealthy.

1.5 cups cooked spinach (take a huge bunch of raw spinach, place in boiling water for 1 minute, drain and rinse with cold water)
    1 banana
    1 cup frozen strawberries
    1 cup vanilla soy milk (or whatever kind of milk you can drink)

Layer in the blender in that order and blend until smooth (the order is important so that the heavy items on top weigh down the lighter items).
  • VikkiLynn
    VikkiLynn Posts: 14
    Options
    Yep.... I love my "Chocolate covered Strawberry" Smoothies... Add to blender: A Half cup or so of sliced strawberries, a cup or so of Chocolate soy milk, and one container of snack pack fat free chocolate pudding..... Smooth and creamy and SO good!!!!!
    Also if you prefer something a little "lighter", cut up watermelon, strawberries, and strawberry or raspberry flavored water. Both smoothies really fill ya up too. I've found that both smoothies taste "sweet" enough for me, anyway.3048555.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • powerstrokediesel
    Options
    thanks everybody! great ideas !
  • monylove311
    monylove311 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I love Chocolate Almond milk and half banana with ice and a little water. Yum-0 and almond milk has less calories to boot! yay!