Houston TX- The Woodlands??

Options
My family and I are relocating in a few weeks to The Woodlands curious to know if anyone on the site is from the area? I think I know what there is love about the area (UM seems like everything!!) but what are the CONS??

Replies

• halphord
    halphord Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    My sister's in law's live in The Woodlands and my sister lives in Houston. I love the Woodlands when we visit...its so nice there!!
  • Twanna69
    Twanna69 Posts: 8
    Options
    I am from Houston Tx but live in Missouri City, Tx , you will love the Woodlands very nice, upscale.
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    My family lives a little north of there (it's where I grew up). The Woodlands is the best area of Houston, imo!! Beautiful homes, great shopping, dining.. very nice area.

I don't know any cons about that area specifically, but Houston is a big, congested city. I've lived there, L.A., and Salt Lake City currently, so I know about city life.

Lots to do, but just be prepared for everything to cost more and take longer to get to, lol. It's nice you will be living away from the hustle though.
  • mrssavvysteve
    mrssavvysteve Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Cons: The RIDICULOUS Traffic--- EVERYWHERE! Learning toll roads (Get an EZPass, you'll thank me for this tip)
    More pros: The awesome tex mex food! and $HOPPING!
  • MelanieP_TX
    MelanieP_TX Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    We are from the Northern NJ area (lived in PA for the last 5 years) so this is a big change for us. It seems so beautiful there. I went for the first time 2 weekends ago. Very exciting! It is just so nerve-wracking moving your children-
  • 57gemini
    57gemini Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I lived in Katy for 10 yrs... I love everything about the Houston area, includes The Woodlands. Cons: traffic and humidity.
  • MelanieP_TX
    Options
    I heard the traffic can be bad. We are going to be closer to FM 14?? I think it is the back entrance- It seems like it may be easier to take 45 to that road and go in through the back?? (Hey I was sonly there for 2 days, lol.. so I am not sure of anything) My Husband will be working in Houston so he may take the bus back and forth?? still not sure..
  • MelanieP_TX
    Options
    Cons: The RIDICULOUS Traffic--- EVERYWHERE! Learning toll roads (Get an EZPass, you'll thank me for this tip)

Thanks for the tip! I know all we did was eat the whole time I was there- not good for MFP!! :tongue:
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options

Thanks for the tip! I know all we did was eat the whole time I was there- not good for MFP!! :tongue:

LOL! seriously though! There is an eating culture there, lol. ...not to scare you, lol, but Houston has been rated the 2nd "fattest" city in the country, only barely being edged out by Detroit, lol.

It doesn't have to mean anything, but I'm telling you, eating out is what everyone does there.
  • dmui2004
    dmui2004 Posts: 1
    Options
    I don't live in the Woodlands but I work there. I am in a lot of homes because I'm in sales and design for kitchen and bath remodels. What part of the Woodlands are you moving to? Congratulations by the way !!! It's a great place to live, but you'll find it's hard to find your way around. Everything is hidden with trees. There are great churches, schools, good people, great doctors, shopping and fine restraurants. Welcome to the Woodlands.
  • MelanieP_TX
    Options
    I don't live in the Woodlands but I work there. I am in a lot of homes because I'm in sales and design for kitchen and bath remodels. What part of the Woodlands are you moving to? Congratulations by the way !!! It's a great place to live, but you'll find it's hard to find your way around. Everything is hidden with trees. There are great churches, schools, good people, great doctors, shopping and fine restraurants. Welcome to the Woodlands.

Thank You! We will be in Alden Bridge for now. We are just leasing until we can get better acclimated to the area. It seems like an amazing bubble!! I am really looking forward to it. I was definitely lost the whole time, though- Market street is so nice. Looks like I will GPS-ing it for awhile :wink:
  • MelanieP_TX
    Options

LOL! seriously though! There is an eating culture there, lol. ...not to scare you, lol, but Houston has been rated the 2nd "fattest" city in the country, only barely being edged out by Detroit, lol.

It doesn't have to mean anything, but I'm telling you, eating out is what everyone does there.

My sister said the same thing- Everyone eats out for dinner!!! We went to that BBQ place at Market St.-Jakes?? it was sooo good! My sister swears by Lupo something?? We didn't make it there but I am looking forward to it when we go back for good! Well it's a good thing there are a million walking trails, lol