Starting Week 4...

Options
Hi everyone! So, I have been working out 3-4 days a week with 45-55 minutes of cardio. I've been doing the couch to 5 K and continuing until I reach 3 miles, even after it stops at 30 minutes. I've just started weight training this week.
I try to change it up from jogging/running/walking on the treadmill and doing 45 minutes of cardio on the elliptical.
I started at 132 and got up to 134, then lost to 131, and then back to 132. I haven't lost a good solid pound yet that will stay off. I feel like I should be seeing some results with the scale, even if it's one solid pound only. I also feel like it shouldn't be muscle since I just started weights this week.
Anyone else have an experience like this? I am very new to working out!!

Replies

• t_rog
    t_rog Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Yes. When I started my weight loss journey, I started going to the gym ~6 days/week, when I previously didn't exercise at all. I kept this up for about a month and a half, thinking it had to do SOMETHING for me. Well, it did: I gained 5 pounds. That's what got me to this website, and in 2 weeks i've lost about 3-4 pounds. Are you maybe not taking your nutrition very seriously? They say weight loss is 70% nutrition.
  • sarah6423
    sarah6423 Posts: 10
    Options
    I'm starting around the same weight. Do you mind if I add you? I figure we could help each other out since we are pretty much in the same boat. I am stuck at 130. I lost 6 pounds in 2 weeks, but I wasn't eating enough. Now that I've started eating correctly I'm stuck.
  • JenWorthen3
    JenWorthen3 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I've learned that working out is for toning your body and watching your calories is for weight loss. Don't go by what the scale tells you. Start pulling out the measuring tape and see how you're really doing.
  • candice4462
    candice4462 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes, I just accepted you! Thanks for the request!!

That's interesting to look at it, where 70% is what you eat. I can definately do better. Here is the thing, my calorie intake hovers on the line. Sometimes it's a little less, sometimes it's a tad more. I'm never way out there. Lately, I've been craving sweets...but I'm not a sweets person. We don't keep candy, chips, "junk", icecream, ect in our house. It's very random when I eat it. Today I had half of a chocolate chip cookie b/c they were brought in by reps for a lunch. I wouldn't go to a store and buy them or order them if I was picking the food though.