for moms who jog!

Options
So, my son is getting ready to start prek in a couple months, and im looking to get outside and jog some with my daughter, who is 7 months now, but will be around a year old when he starts up. so im looking into getting a jogging stroller on craigslist. any recommendations?

Replies

• missbeezy
    missbeezy Posts: 198
    Options
    Check out toys r us too. They have some nice affordable ones
  • _Lisa_
    _Lisa_ Posts: 61
    Options
    Make sure you get one that has a front wheel that locks in position. some of them the front wheel swivels which is great for walking but when you get going fast it's kinda scary.
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    Check out toys r us too. They have some nice affordable ones
    thanks, but no thanks, why spend 100 when i can spend 50 for one that is in great condition. i want to get feedback on what brands to stay away from really. only thing i buy new are carseats, and christmas/birthday presents...which reminds me i have to start looking for a swing set. we'll see if anyone replies though
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    Make sure you get one that has a front wheel that locks in position. some of them the front wheel swivels which is great for walking but when you get going fast it's kinda scary.
    thanks for that! i was thinking swivels would be better, see this is why i need input from others! lol
  • TJ26
    TJ26 Posts: 35
    Options
    Baby joggers are awesome that's the actual brand name and I'v heard BOB's are good too but a bunch were just recalled so double check before you buy. ) Good Luck
  • Aprilbug
    Aprilbug Posts: 7
    Options
    I agree with Lisa above make sure you try the stroller out first before buying in the store this is something not only your child will need but you will need to enjoy your walk/jog. I have the Baby Trend Expedition ELX Travel System Stroller - Windsor
    from Toys R Us I've been very happy with it. If you have a consigment store nearby try there first you will save some money. Good luck with your shopping.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    You should know that jogging isn't good for your body. It's extremely high impact and is very hard on your joints. The only time that any kind of running isn't damaging is when you're sprinting and/or striding.
  • sarabellum
    sarabellum Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    When I had my son, a friend gave me her jogging stroller and it "seemed" great, but the seat recliner actually broke when my little guy was in it - thankfully we were just on a walk and I had it reclined most of the way so he wasn't hurt - so if you are going to purchase a used stroller ensure that it's in excellent condition. That being said, I know many mom's who've purchased gently or even never-used jogging strollers and have been really happy with them and have had no problems.
    After the "incident" (lol) we went and bought a Valco jogging stroller - the front wheel had a lock and for the most part it was great - but I found the straps didn't adjust very much, so when he got bigger, we couldn't even use it!!!
    The BOB revolution jogging stroller is amazing - I wish I would have just gotten one of those!!!
    Good luck and happy running!!!
  • bugnbeansmom
    bugnbeansmom Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Not sure on brands but if you have a "Once Upon a Child" by your home they will let you test them before you buy. Sometimes it is hard to come by them though. :) I can tell you that my firends that run with strollers tell me the locking front wheel is important as well as comfort for you kiddo. We all know that it is hard enough for mom to get her workout in when it is not nap time, more or less with an uncomfortable child not wanting to help you out. Good luck! :)
  • gloria84
    gloria84 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I bought a BOB of craigslist and its amazing!!! Got a pretty sweat deal too....The stroller literally pushes itself.. it is a swivel wheel which is a must if you are going to use it for everday errands besides jogging... once you get on the jogging mode the front wheel locks... Good luck!
    Love craigslist!!
  • shelbs569
    Options
    I have a BOB stroller-(the blue one that was $299), it is wonderful! I did a lot of research before getting it-it was one of the most recommended at the most "affordable" cost. Some strollers are $800~yikes! :-) Good luck on your search!