Insanity

Options
This is the third time I'm doing the full 2 months of insanity and i still find myself burning out after like 15 minutes and dogging it hard throughout the rest of the exercises. Is anyone else having this problem? I know it's a hard program but im far from new to it and my muscles have stopped hurting tremendously. Any advice?

Replies

• 1111renee
    1111renee Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    mix it up and do some other type of activity? your body will remember :)
  • ami789
    ami789 Posts: 47
    Options
    Are you eating enough before and drinking enough water before?
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I used to burn out A LOT doing Insanity, but now I can push through better. I think it totally had to do with my diet and my water intake. People always told me that myth about fasted cardio, and I believed them...silly me. I can push out an Insanity workout after eating 2 meals of well balanced non-processed nutrition much better than on a tiny snack in the morning. Also, when I have at least 3-4 cups of water beforehand, I can push through better.

Another thing is perhaps you are going too hard at first. Try pacing yourself better to get through the whole workout.
  • leedyc
    leedyc Posts: 15
    Options
    I used to do it on two kashi bars and 2 glasses of water in the morning and it was alright. Now I'm doing the slow carb and found out kashi bars are trash. I guess my body's just not used to the non-grain carbs. Also I find it hard to chug down water during the day and the most calories I eat per day is like 1800 when before i was around 2800 while doing insanity.
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 9 of my first round and have yet to run across this issue. I make sure that I get enough protein and carbs in the day before (I do this workout on an empty stomach at 4 in the morning) and I'm fine throughout my workout.