P90X Friends

Options
Wanting to see if anyone else is using P90X and which program they are using. I am only on the 2nd week but would like to get the opinions of others on how they are holding up from the strenuous exercises and what results they are getting. I am also curious if I should invest the money for the recovery drink since I am borrowing the DVD's from someone else. Any advice or info would be great.

Replies

• Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I have done P90X 7 times, and I just finished the 7th round last week. :flowerforyou:

I lost a lot of weight and inches each time, and I am within 10 pounds of my goal weight now.

I used the recovery drink the first few times and I loved it because it reduced the soreness that I had been feeling before. Now I don't use it, but instead I make some Shakeology which I prefer since it is total nutrition. I still get the benefits of the recovery drink, but it just has sooo much more!

I am currently starting on a hybrid program using ChaLEAN Extreme, Insanity, and Turbo Kick (similar to Turbo Jam only much more intense). I also still have my Shakeology daily after working out.
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I am in my 5th week of P90X Lean and I love it...the commitment is hard, but nothing worth having should be easy. I don't use the BeachBody products (yet) due to the fact that I am cheap and I don't like to pay for shipping or waiting for things. I use products from GNC, but may try Shakeology when my job situation is more clear (I am on a 2-3 month temporary assignment...nothing guarenteed beyond that).

The below link is an awesome P90X support thread and has folks in all stages and experiences with P90X. I am on there at least once every day or two.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/194028-new-round-of-p90x-starts-feb-28th-join-me-cont-d

Good luck and feel free to send me a friend request...
  • A_shelton316
    A_shelton316 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm on week three of the lean program. I love it! I was also thinking about getting the recovery drink but haven't yet. So far so good I really see a change I'm my body already. Feel free to add me so we can push one another to become P90X graduates!
  • JudoJones
    JudoJones Posts: 54
    Options
    i'm on week 7 of the standard p90x. as for recovery, definetly look into it. Prosource.net gives lots of reviews on different products. I also us some BCAA to help with recovery along with a good multi-vitamen and LOTs of water.
  • hpygirl64ColleenLinder
    Options
    the recovery drink is great, shakes even better but then again i'm partial and a bb coach. however, i wouldn't be if I wasn't such a believer to begin with. good job girls on doing p90x , i've done that and Insanity, and now working on Chalean Extreme ...all are great and variety is the spice ;)
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I am in week 9 so far. Doing P90X Classic. I love the program and have dropped a lot of weight so far. Somewhere between 30-35 lbs maybe. And a few inches around the waist. 2.5 weeks of this left then it's on to Insanity!

The only supplements I take is the recovery drink (I love it!) and Whey protein.
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    the recovery drink is great, shakes even better but then again i'm partial and a bb coach. however, i wouldn't be if I wasn't such a believer to begin with. good job girls on doing p90x , i've done that and Insanity, and now working on Chalean Extreme ...all are great and variety is the spice ;)

I am going to try that BB coaching thing after I finish with Insanity.
  • klawlor1
    klawlor1 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hey, I am doing the P90x workout as well. I'm on week 5/phase 2. i don't use their drinks or bars, but i do follow the diet.
    So far i haven't lost that much weight. but i have noticed that i've gained a whole lot of muscle and have firmed up a bit.
    The workouts get alot easier, and you get alot more flexible. however i still find the Ab RipperX the toughest.
    so good luck! and hopfully we both will have some nice abs before the summer! ;)
  • kaitkorona
    Options
    Hi, I just started P90X also.

Week 1/Phase 1 so I really am a beginner :)

So far love it and am really excited.
  • cnance
    cnance Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 3 of the classic. Last year around this time I did the Lean version and lost 23 lbs. I didn't keep all the weight off throughout the last year but kept off well over 10lbs most of the time.

I really like both versions.

I've never used the recovery drink. I usually workout in the mornings first thing, then for breakfast/recovery I have a smoothie with protein powder, juice, and frozen fruit. It seems to work for me. I'm still sore at times, but if its too bad I'll go walk at lunch or in the evening with my wife and dogs. Oh and tons of water, that seems to help me more than anything.