mummy tummy?

Options
Hey everyone! just a question for you mamas out there who have lost a bit of weight already. Do you still have that bit of tummy left over from having your kids? I ask because I'm afraid that mine will never go away or that my poor tummy is stretched out for good :( If not whats a good way to get rid of it? I'm just staring to get into exercising and still don't know alot about what I should be doing. Sorry if thats a strange question but it's one of my biggest insecurities. Thanks in advance :smile:

Replies

• kimber17
    kimber17 Posts: 3
    Options
    ugh I have the same problem...I have lost 50 pounds since having my son and my tummy has shrunk and I can feel my abs but its still surrounded by a layer of fat and excess skin :( I heard it takes at least a year to get better and 2 years for it to be normal again... good luck and keep up the good work!
  • MissSjolin
    MissSjolin Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Thank you :smile: Great job on the 50 lbs! I've only lost about 18 so far but I already feel much better.
  • KhrystyneHutton
    Options
    I hear you on that!!! I think in some way women who have kids will always have that strectched tummy on the inside! But its just takes a ton of core training to even get it to be a bit flatter!!! If i figure anything out for it I will be sure to let you know!! Good luck!!!
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I am getting rid of mine quite a bit. It was very difficult. You need to do lots of cardio and a butt load of ab work. But it is paying off and flattening out a bit... It used to hang about 5 inches and now it is getting kinda flat-ish...
  • MissSjolin
    Options
    Thanks! the only thing I've found so far is holding your tummy muscles in for 30 seconds at a time while sitting or walking etc. doing that a bunch of times is supposed to help strengthen the muscles and close a distassis (sp?) if you have one. Apparently they are common in women who have kids. no idea if it works yet but I try to do it as often as I remember lol
  • MissSjolin
    Options
    Yay! thanks for the reply that gives me some hope. I'd be happy if it shrinks just most of the way as long as it doesnt look the way it does now lol
  • MissSjolin
    Options
    whoops double post
  • amberlineilene
    Options
    mine will not go away!!!!! I am back to my 'pre-baby' weight ..only this time my tummy still looks like I am 4mo preg! I had a cesarean , I heard that takes a long time to get rid of, never-the-less it's been 8months! I've been doing the 30Day Shred diligently, that has helped, also I've seen progress doing bicycle crunches every night. Still a battle for me, but I think by doing these exercises I'm on the right track..

Good luck with yours!!
  • MissSjolin
    Options
    Thank you, congrats on getting to your pre baby weight! I'm no where near mine yet but I'll get there :happy: good luck to you *kitten* well.

P.S. feel free to add me ladies :smile: