Chinese Food

Options
So, I'm kinda worried because im going to eat Chinese with a friend tomorrow and I dont really know what to eat because of my diet. Plus, I dont know how im going to log it. Suggestions would be appriecated on how to log it and what to eat?

Replies

• Lance76
    Lance76 Posts: 16
    Options
    it looks like there are alot of chinese food options available in the food search... you may want to try planning it out ahead of time... may be tough to get portions exact, but close is better than nothing...
    figure out roughly how many calories you want to (ch)eat, and put together a diet of things you like...
  • jeremymaritz
    Options
    I used to impress the hell out of my friends by ordering Chicken and Broccoli with sauce on the side. Most Chinese restaurants are used to getting this request by now. So then you get this monstrous plate of steamed chicken and broccoli and a nice bowl of house sauce on the side...dip sparingly and enjoy!!!
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    try sticking with lots of steamed veggies. if the place has a habatchi grill that has raw stuff you can get cooked stick with the veggies and chicken.
  • kkellam1
    kkellam1 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Most will steam broccolli for you without any sauces. Rice is ok in a very small portion, many offer brown rice as well. They'll probably steam chicken for you or at least just fry it with no sauces. You may pay for "complete" dishes, but they will usually accomodate you just wanting the basics.
  • SaraTonin
    SaraTonin Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Brown rice, steamed dumplings (not fried), hot and sour or wonton soup (high salt but low calories!), and steamed veggies!

Grilled dishes are good too.
  • SaraTonin
    Options
    Just, for the love of all things, do not order some breaded and fried chicken dish.

And you'll probably be fine.
  • crazy1blonde
    Options
    it looks like there are alot of chinese food options available in the food search... you may want to try planning it out ahead of time... may be tough to get portions exact, but close is better than nothing...
    figure out roughly how many calories you want to (ch)eat, and put together a diet of things you like...

Thanks, im gonna go ahead and do this.
  • crazy1blonde
    Options
    Thanks guys! Its just really hard were its a buffet and im trying to remember what all they have (its been a while since ive been there).
  • cassiopeia2713
    Options
    A lot of places will have an entire section of healthier choices. Look for that and just remember more veggies and less white rice.
  • crazy1blonde
    Options
    A lot of places will have an entire section of healthier choices. Look for that and just remember more veggies and less white rice.

I dont eat rice (HATE IT) lol so, I should be good on that and I usually eat the veggies but I like the chicken and sometimes some of the stuff on desert buffet which is killer :(
  • jeremymaritz
    Options
    Ack...buffets are very difficult to count cals on since most of the food on them is either absolute crap or smothered in a ton of sauce.

Most buffet joints will also whip something up for you from the kitchen if you ask for a menu.
  • SaraTonin
    Options
    Oooh buffet is easier in my opinion. You can see the sugar content before you eat it!

Plus there is the salad/dessert area with tons of veggie options, and usually jello which is low cal. Plus you can pick out more veggies when you start scooping out your dishes.