TIP ~ A great "To Go" Salad Dressing Container

Options
I was cleaning out my pantry and spice cabinet and came up with a great idea. Since old spices lose their favor after a while. I decided to keep the old glass spice jars w/the plastic screw on top to use as Salad Dressing Containers for when I'm on the go.

Think about it....

1. You are recycling something old and putting it to good use.
2. Glass is better than plastic, wash and re-use with no toxins (in my opinion only)
3. Convenient size for lunch box, purse etc.

Hope this tip may be of help. Have a great day:smile:

Replies

• Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Good idea!
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Excellent point!
  • HungryTuna
    HungryTuna Posts: 141
    Options
    I've been doing this for a while with some old spice jars... still a great reminder and totally eco-chic of you to suggest! Great job doing your part to do well for mother earth. :)
  • DancingFox
    DancingFox Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Nice idea! I reuse as many jars and canisters as I can. I never would have thought about using spice jars for that!
  • mkskippy24
    Options
    That is a great idea, and one I would have never thought about myself!!
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I use one of those little cups that come with cough medicine to measure out cream for my coffee, too.
  • yates01
    yates01 Posts: 9
    Options
    EXCELLENT idea!! i always keep mine in the back of the cupboard but have no idea what im actually keeping them for! now i know!! thanks:happy:
  • Gmnidrm
    Gmnidrm Posts: 7
    Options
    I use one of those little cups that come with cough medicine to measure out cream for my coffee, too.

Ohhhhh........GREAT IDEA!!!!! Thanks! I will totally do that :)
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Pssst... an old pill (prescription) bottle works great for taking nuts/seeds and sweetner packets in your purse too. I also use an old prescription bottle to put my rings and post earrings in when I travel.