exercise at home

Options
:smile: Any tips to exercising at home, i canceled my membership at the gym, at home I have alot of DVD's, a bike, and a ball, so the bike hurts my *kitten*, and some of the dvd's are crap, I only use on dvd and a stretch band, any advise for ab's and buns?

Replies

• megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Squats and lunges
  • adjones_21
    adjones_21 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Wii Fit plus, Zumba Wii, punching bag are some good ones to have.
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Dance, get a padded seat for your bike!! exersice on you Tube!
  • nicolepope11
    Options
    Bicycle crunches are awesome. Try doing them for a minute, then rest, then another minute, rest, etc. until you can't do anymore. Don't count reps, just time. I also just started the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and it seems to be making a difference. I am only on day 7 and can feel it. It is only a 20 minute workout, so it easily fits into anyone's day. I work two jobs and still managed to do it last night before bed. Go get 'em!
  • sapiers
    sapiers Posts: 14
    Options
    what kind of bike do you have? if it's not a recumbent you should be abel to go to a store and get a larger gel seat, I have a recumbent and I use it at least an hour a day so i got some seat cushions and put them on it to make it easier on the tush :)
  • strongwxnc
    Options
    I workout at home. No gym for me.
    I have a small bench and weight set that I use but this link is great for body weight workouts...
    http://www.freeworkoutsguide.com/bodyweightcircuitworkout.html

Also, get some shoes and start running :)
  • lizzyb0601
    lizzyb0601 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I love the Jillaim Michaels/Bob Harper and biggest loser dvds. You dont need fancy equipment.
  • Lynne30
    Lynne30 Posts: 7
    Options
    I use PS3 every day with Mel B, I love it, & I jog... Sit ups, push ups...
    & While I clean I dance to dance music!! Great workout! :) Good luck
  • rgoodearl
    rgoodearl Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Have you considered P90X, Power 90 or Brazil Butt Lift

I've had good success with P90X working out at home and using the programs while I travel
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Get a new seat for your bike ($20), Last Chance Workout by Jill ian Michaels ($9) is a great progressive workout at home. You will need a set of hand weights. I currently use 3 lb, but moving to 4 lbs soon (started with 2 lbs but I am pretty weak)
  • princesslmc2
    princesslmc2 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I'm partial to the Beachbody DVD's... only cause they're intense and I love the energy!! But I've done Dance Dance Revolution for some fun... Zumba tapes would be awesome. Definitely lunges and squats to help the thighs/buns. Great idea to check out "exercise" or "workouts" on youtube.com to see what they have readily available. Just gotta get creative sometimes! :)
  • reba971
    reba971 Posts: 80
    Options
    I would rather lift weights than do an exercise video any day, but you are not supposed to lift weights everyday and you are supposed to do cardio...so what I do is on weight day:
    bicep curls, tricep curls, chest push, and other arm exercises. Then I do squats with the weights in my hands, lunges with the weights in my hands and crunches and push ups with no weights. I do 3 reps of 12 for each except the crunches I do 3 reps of 25.
    Then on my cardio days I do either something on the Wii like boxing, tennis or dancing or I take a good walk, or sometimes on rare occasions I do a workout DVD....but I usually hate it. So I have been sticking to the Wii games. I have ordered Just Dance for kids, we will see how fun that one is. I do not have the money yet for the adult Just dance or Zumba, but I hear they are great fun and a great work out. Good luck!
  • treekins
    treekins Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Yoga!
    I do an hour every day at home and attend a 1.5-hour class once a week. It's a wholistic practice, benefitting way moe than jus the physical body, and all you need is a mat, and a dvd to start you off. Once I knew the basic poses, I bought magazines and attended a few classes to learn more, and eventually developed my own sequences, etc.
    It's changed my life for the better.
    :)
  • DK30096
    DK30096 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Do you have netflix instant streaming?? There are a million work out videos on there!!!! You can do one a day or if you find one you like just keep doing it!!! It's really cool. I've been doing dance away the fat (it's only 30 minutes and easy to follow) but there are just sooooo many choices. They have some 10 minute worksouts on there and they have all kinds of ab workouts!
  • AmandaR910
    AmandaR910 Posts: 991
    Options
    OnDemand has a ton of free work out videos and they change every so often.