First 10K run today

Options
mikeyrp
mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
I am feeling really good about myself today:

After Christmas I weighed about 14 stone (196lb) . I joined MFP mid January thinking I weighed 194 lb - then my weight went UP to 196.8! Thats why my progress banner thinks I've 'Only' lost 10lb.

At that time I was travelling in Mexico and I found 30 minutes on a cross trainer really, really tough going. In fairness because of the altitude mexico isn't a good bench mark for fitness... but I don't think that was the only reason I was struggling.

Today I weigh 184 lb and I just got back from a gym session where I ran 10Km for the first time in years (in a respectable 55 minutes) - and then did 30 minutes on the cross trainer at a better burn rate than those first days in Mexico.

Further more - as well as loosing weight I have gained a lot of muscle - I vary between CV and weight lifting (toning) work outs - so the amount of fat burned is much better than the 10lb weight loss. I'm wearing clothes I haven't gotten into for years and I can fit an extra arm in some of my trousers.

Anyway - a big part of this success story is due to the fantastic support and advice people here at MFP have provided. A big thank you to everyone.

Replies

• greeneyed_girl
    Options
    Congratulations on your success! That's really exciting! =)
  • Hinto
    Hinto Posts: 52
    Options
    That's awesome, congratulations!
  • az1cowgirl
    Options
    That is fantastic! Congratulations.
  • murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    That is great. Good for you. Good luck!
  • robinandamelia
    Options
    Very respectable indeed....congrats!
  • jeaniedev
    jeaniedev Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    way to go MIKE....that is awesome...I think above the size of my clothes the feeling that I CAN DO THIS and seeing the progress is siuch an amazing part of this journey...and MFP is such a huge help
  • LoveDLady
    LoveDLady Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Congrats Mikey!! You've done so great! I wish I could run a 10K, that's impressive, and in 55 mins very impressive,
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!