Hello, nice to meet you all

Options
A friend put me on to this site. I've already lost over 20 lbs, but I have LOTS more to lose. I need the inspiration of others to keep my exercise routine going and to be conscious of my eating. I love what I've seen so far in the forums and posts. I can see this is a great community. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Kethypookins
    Kethypookins Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    A friend put me on to this site. I've already lost over 20 lbs, but I have LOTS more to lose. I need the inspiration of others to keep my exercise routine going and to be conscious of my eating. I love what I've seen so far in the forums and posts. I can see this is a great community. :flowerforyou:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hi Kethy, and welcome to THE best site on the web!
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it!
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off!
    Also, drink lots of water, that seems to help alot too.
    As for exercising, I NEVER get bored taking my daily walks, and also dancing to my favorite fast oldie's CD while also watching tv. Exercise doesn't always have to be stuff like going to an expensive gym and sweatin bullets, or running your butt off! If I had to do THAT type of exercising, I'd have given up long ago! :laugh:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    This is a great place to be. I have never been able to stick to a lifestyle change for more than a few weeks and I am mid way thru month 2 and doing better than ever! (I refuse to say I am dieting - I am changing my life!)

WELCOME!:flowerforyou:
  • battykatty2002
    Options
    Hi

Welcome and good luck with your weight loss