I need a little bit of help...

Options
Ok now your all wondering what i need help with, well ill tell you the story then ill say what i want help from.. if you dont mind..
ok so 5 years ago i had a child at the age of 17 years old.. and i was in a pretty bad relationship. but lets leave that as it is.. about 18 monthes i left. i fell into a depression spiral until about 2 years ago.. since getting something to be happy about and realising my son is my life also..
and since feb ive decided to try and make my life better by getting healthy a few weeks ago my ex rang me and has taken me to do dna sample and stuff.. and it all came back postive and stuff soo thats that over and done with but in the last 2 weeks ive seriously losted the plot with everything i started smoking again and hardly eating at all..
i need help getting back on track with smoking like quitting and healthy eating again although my weight is going down im so scared its going to rebound when i get myself into gear!..

i wanna be happy again but i need a little bit of help with tips on how to deal with stress and getting back into eating..

please im desperate...

Replies

• ChassityGetsFit
    ChassityGetsFit Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    If you need help quitting smoking, try going to your doctor! My husband got put on Chantex and it's been really helping him to quit. It really takes away the urge of smoking and so on. Instead of resorting to things that you might think are unhealthy or what you want to stay away from you, you can try resorting to exercising to deal with your stresses. Going for a walk when possible is a great help and even gets you away from the things you don't want to touch. I hope this helps! :)
  • alazarus
    alazarus Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Try replacing your bad habits with good ones-- whenever you feel like having a cigarette, try chewing gum, drinking a bottle of green tea or water or going for a short walk to clear your head. And while you're doing those things, think about how by NOT having a cigarette instead you're improving your life and making better choices. Whenever you feel frustrated with someone (like you ex), just think to yourself that "Living well is the best revenge," or "The best way to say F--K you is by being successful!"
  • peachletcream
    Options
    :) thanks so much.. when i get down about these things the simple answers are usually the oblivious ones :)
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    I can relate. I got out of a REALLY BAD (abusive) relationship not too long ago myself. I understand the depression, but for me I have decided that this is a time for me to focus on myself and do something that is good for me. Some days I just don't want to do anything, but I find that I feel better when I make myself do something small even if it's just go for a walk. Right after our break up I really didn't want to eat either and some days I still don't want to, but if I make myself eat breakfast it kinda kick starts my metabolism and makes me want to eat more during the day. Can't help with the smoking because I am a smoke, but I have found that I smoke less the more I work out. Feel free to add me as a friend if you want some support.
  • peachletcream
    Options
    by the time i drag myself out of bed its to late for lunch i just cant be bothered.. i tried forcing myself to eat but it just makes me sick
  • gailygail99
    gailygail99 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    my doc had told me for yrs that i needed to quit smoking and lose weight, but told me that they are too hard to do at the same time, and he was right. i quit 12/09 and didnt start my diet until 1/11. I gave myself a good yr of being smoke free, and yeah i probably gained some weight during that period, but now i am smoke free. worry about one thing at a time, the smoking has got to go!!! you can do it!! once you are comfortable about being smoke free and have some time under your belt, you can go back to the calorie counting. doing both at once, is too much, i think. good luck!!
  • peachletcream
    Options
    well.. in all fariness its hard yes but i seemed to manage last time because like.. smoking actually helps your body PREVENT weight loss.. it blocks certain lupins and hormones.. so i wanna do both i cant be serious about one without the other, um.. because if i do control what i eat and do when i quit if i can set the habbits at the same time i wont be stuffing my face with crisps every 10 mins : / inted if i get to that point it will be like carrots or whatever..

Thankyou all so much i think ill be good to start again tomorrow :)

its hard but ive done it once im sure i can do it again right?!
  • gailygail99
    Options
    well.. in all fariness its hard yes but i seemed to manage last time because like.. smoking actually helps your body PREVENT weight loss.. it blocks certain lupins and hormones.. so i wanna do both i cant be serious about one without the other, um.. because if i do control what i eat and do when i quit if i can set the habbits at the same time i wont be stuffing my face with crisps every 10 mins : / inted if i get to that point it will be like carrots or whatever..

Thankyou all so much i think ill be good to start again tomorrow :)

its hard but ive done it once im sure i can do it again right?!

of course you can do it again. i just couldnt manage the urge for a cig and then not being able to eat what i wanted. it was too many things for me! but you can do it. when i quit smoking i started carrying around a big thing of ice water with me. when i wanted a cig, i took a big swig of water and ate some ice. now my dentist wasnt too happy. over that year i chipped two teeth! haha! i still eat ice now, it's my new thing, but its a hell of alot better than cigs!!

Friend me if you wish, and good luck to you!! i'll be pulling for ya! :happy:
  • peachletcream
    Options
    well im certainly envious of you.. :) ill do it.. i just find it hard when i have to be on my own... im hopeless if i have to be on my own..
    im scared of being on my own....
  • gailygail99
    Options
    well im certainly envious of you.. :) ill do it.. i just find it hard when i have to be on my own... im hopeless if i have to be on my own..
    im scared of being on my own....

youre not alone. you have all of us MyFitnessPal-ers :flowerforyou:
  • peachletcream
    Options
    your so sweet <3
  • Teebowen
    Teebowen Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I am so proud of you for taking the 1st step in asking for some love and support and so proud of the progress you have made....sometimes we just take a few steps back and that is just a part of life... you already know what a joy your son is and you know he needs a healthy momma....I was a teen mom too waaaayyyy before the show....so I know the stressors and how kick butt it can be... but we are here for you and the post on the Chantix and all sounds like a grand start... as well big hugs and love!...Tee