Any good low cal quiche recipes?

Options
iluvmine
iluvmine Posts: 56 Member
I ate quiche this morning, and the chef had put biscuit mix cheese onions ham and bell peppers, it was tasty, but probally high in calories.please share your recipes.. thanks!

Replies

• ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    bump
  • GURLEY_GIRL3
    GURLEY_GIRL3 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    I don't have a recipe for quiche, but here's an awesome website for some. http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/great-recipes.asp?food=crustless+quiche
  • CarrieAbbey
    CarrieAbbey Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    This is what I make. We call it zucchini pie (for the kids, if it has the word pie they'll eat it). We have it for dinner it's delish.

Squash - Zucchini, includes skin, raw, 1 medium
    Carrots - Raw, 1 medium
    Mushrooms - Raw, 4 small
    Fresh - Raw - Green Onion, 2 stalk
    Eggs - Whole, raw, 1 cup (4.86 large eggs)
    Bisquick (Canada) - Original Pancake and Baking Mix , 1 Cup
    Old Cheddar Cheese, 9 cm cube (90 g)
    Schneiders Mainstreet Deli - Smoked Black Forest Ham, 6 slices(50g)

Mix all ingredients and pour into a baking pyrex dish (lightly sprayed with PAM) and bake for about 25-30 minutes at 400*.

Serves 4

Calories Per Serving: 340

It's a very forgiving recipe, you can add anything you like. I've put peppers in it, bacon, whatever I have on hand then adjust the calories in the recipe.

I hope you like it.
  • amber_hanners
    amber_hanners Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    i will add a couple tonight
  • iluvmine
    Options
    Thanks all.. the zuchini one sounds good!!
  • marloandrob2
    Options
    Egg Veggie Quiche

5 egg whites, 3 whole eggs or 2 cups Egg Beaters
    6 oz of Chobani Plain Greek Yogurt
    1 cup spinach
    1/2 red onion, chopped
    1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
    1/4 cup low fat sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
    Salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat eggs in a large bowl and stir in Chobani Greek Yogurt. Mix in vegetables and seasoning. Pour into an 8×8 inch pan sprayed with Pam Olive Oil and top with shredded cheese. Bake for 30 minutes.

This is very high in protein and low fat..i also switch it and add chopped broccoli and feta instead of cheddar/spinach
  • FitPhysique
    FitPhysique Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Egg Veggie Quiche

5 egg whites, 3 whole eggs or 2 cups Egg Beaters
    6 oz of Chobani Plain Greek Yogurt
    1 cup spinach
    1/2 red onion, chopped
    1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
    1/4 cup low fat sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
    Salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat eggs in a large bowl and stir in Chobani Greek Yogurt. Mix in vegetables and seasoning. Pour into an 8×8 inch pan sprayed with Pam Olive Oil and top with shredded cheese. Bake for 30 minutes.

This is very high in protein and low fat..i also switch it and add chopped broccoli and feta instead of cheddar/spinach
    Bump. I'm going to try that one over the weekend. Thanks for sharing :drinker:
  • LizzyTish327
    LizzyTish327 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    BUMP I LOVE quiche

and here's a recipe I really like and will make for dinner.... http://www.weightwatchers.com/food/rcp/index.aspx?recipeId=110271
  • iluvmine
    Options
    @lizzy for the weight watchers recipe. how many calories is 6 points? It looks soooo good, cant wait to try it!!
  • LizzyTish327
    LizzyTish327 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    @lizzy for the weight watchers recipe. how many calories is 6 points? It looks soooo good, cant wait to try it!!

With the exact ingredients that I use (specific brand of cheese, etc) I get 227 calories a slice...which is 1/8 of the quiche. So it's not that bad and I will normally add some side dishes to it like salad or something else to fill me up.