can't get enough!!

Options
sdijji
sdijji Posts: 10 Member
joined MFP yesterday and am loving it! it is so wonderful to see all the help and support everyone gives to one another. i have been getting to know the site but now feel it is time to get to know other people i would love to make some friends on here so please add!

also any advice would be appreciated i am currently looking for quick healthy recipes and quick 30 minute workout advice.....

Replies

• babyturtlechic
    Options
    i joined yesterday as well and im loving it i walk 3 miles a day and have a goal of 2000 cal which is an improvement over what i used to eat im really aiming for 1200 cal that way if i eat 1500cal i still havent failed my goal be cause its 2000 its important not to beat yourself up because its easier to give up if you set yourself up to fail!
  • Jenni268
    Jenni268 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    The best quick workout I can advise is Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. It is about 25 minutes long (with warm-up and cool-down included) and it is INTENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm only on day 7, but she's kicking my butt! I haven't done any additional measurements, as I am waiting until the end of the 30 days, but I feel great. And I feel like I do enough in that 25 minutes to be a good workout for the day!

Good luck!
  • susancelli928
    Options
    This is a great site and I love it. Joined about 2 weeks ago and have met so many people who have the same issues as I have.
  • mes1921
    mes1921 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me! i love the hungry girl cookbooks. easy and fast recipies that you can simply double, etc. if cooking for more than yourself. workouts-biggest loser dvd's. they're pretty cheap and you can tailor your workout through time and/or difficulty. good luck! welcome!
  • Nigel99
    Nigel99 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! The members here really are friendly, upbeat, and positive - very helpful when you are trying to lose weight and exercise. Good information and support here, too.

I have not been using it myself, but as others mentioned, the Jillian Michaels 30-day Shred is very popular, and gives you a good workout. I have really enjoyed doing the cardio boxing from Your Shape on Xbox 360, but there are DVDs and video workouts for cardio boxing if you don't have a Xbox.

Feel free to add me as a friend, if you like.
  • Infinitegypsyheart
    Infinitegypsyheart Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm new to MFP as well and I also reccomend Jillian Michaels 30 day shred! It's an intense workout and I've only been doing it for about 10 days, but I'm already noticing changes in how my clothing fits me and how my appearance is changing as well! Good luck on your journey and I'll add you right now. :smile: